BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going to the Komen event I got a post card in the mail, sent it back and today a box appears at my house. My wife just called to lambast me for ordering mods :banghead: :confused: she opened it up and this is all she found............

I tried to convince her that an M wheel came with the sticky pedal fix but she's not buying it:(

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
What is that? A towel?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Yar!!! That is a mod alright!! :lmao:

PM 325xiT said:
After going to the Komen event I got a post card in the mail, sent it back and today a box appears at my house. My wife just called to lambast me for ordering mods :banghead: :confused: she opened it up and this is all she found............

I tried to convince her that an M wheel came with the sticky pedal fix but she's not buying it:(

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
atyclb said:

it's a woobie
Bingo!

I thought my family was the only one that called it that. Good to see we're not the only goofy family in America! :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mdk330i said:
What is that? A towel?
No its the "Victory-Blanket":p

Soft fleece on one side quasi rain jacket material on the other.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Any one else get one of these in the mail

VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Yar!!! That is a mod alright!! :lmao:

Gotta start somewhere Vince:D

I'll be nice and warm when I'm watching a CA friend do some installs though;) :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alan F said:
I'm doing the Susan Komen event this wednesday . . . what cars did you drive ?
330 ciC - woo hoo what a 3rd car that would be:D

540 iT - holy cow what a wagon, sport package:thumbup: I mad the speed alarm go off very quickly on this one:bigpimp:

X5 - 3.0 and 4.4 Both nice but the 4.4 really hauled and handled well for SUV err.....SAV :)

325 5 speed - just to compare with step, you can definately get more out of the 2.5 liter engine :(

wanted to drive 530 5 speed but the day before some one had fried the clutch:mad:

passed on the 7 series and since my son was along couldn't drive the Z3s (he's only 7)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I went a couple weeks ago with the wife. I drove an X5 as I was looking at future replacements for my Tacoma (I don't think I have put 1000 miles on it yet, so that will be far in the future :lmao: ) I think the X5 is great, but a little lacking in cargo capacity to serve as the designated cargo-hauler. My son also suckered me into taking out a 745. Just my luck, I get onto the highway and attempt to see what this beast is made of and the hood comes loose and starts to open. Good thing about the I-drive is that it is full of warning chimes. I immediately got a warning that the hood was not secured. It appears that they men that were admiring the car before my test drive did not latch the hood when they shut it. I was lucky it did not fly open and smash into the windshield at highway speed, severely damaging the car and blocking my view of the road, that would have caused a very severe accident.

On the other hand, it was my fourth time going and I had a graet time.

On a side note, my dealer was designated as the "rest-area" for the cars this year. They showed up on Wed. July 3, and stuck around until the actual event on the following Monday. My son told me that alot of the cars were damaged and needed to go through the service department, and even more had to get scratches, dents and dings repaired. One even had to go the body shop for significant and expensive repairs. So when you see the white fleet and notice how nice they look, that is only after significant and pricey repairs were made to each car. Not only does BMW donate to the cause, but they furnish all these vehicles and then spend thousands and thousands along the way repairing and prepping them for duty. Its great to see everything BMW will do and spend for a good cause! :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts