BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the black leather & aluminum shift knob, but I have wood trim currently. I think the leather patch should give me more grip than the smooth wood knob. However, I don't know how it would look in a car with wood trim. Anybody have pics of this combo?

Thanks a bunch.

:thumbup:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Any pics of aluminum shift knob in a sedan with wood trim?

Alan F said:
go to the link below and go through the titles, there is a whole thread on shift knobs and I recall seeing one there that had the wood trim everywhere except the shift knob.
I would go through it myself and get you the exact link but I am going a litttle crazy here in my office today . . .

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12
Vielen Dank, Herr F!

:thumbup:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Any pics of aluminum shift knob in a sedan with wood trim?

Alan F said:

uuhhh . . . not sure what that said but 'your welcome' I think :dunno:
Sorry... that's "Thank you very much, Mr. F." :lmao:

... and the proper response is "Bitte schön" :thumbup: ... of course, "You're welcome" works too :thumbup:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any pics of aluminum shift knob in a sedan with wood trim?

Pete Teoh said:

Sorry... that's "Thank you very much, Mr. F." :lmao:

... and the proper response is "Bitte schön" :thumbup: ... of course, "You're welcome" works too :thumbup:
Bitte Schon !!!

Anytime !!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
A leather/titanium knob would look great if you had the titanium trim...but IMO a titanium knob in a car with wood trim would really throw everything off. Just get an all-leather shift knob, it'll match better, and you'll have better grip. Just my $.02. But hey, its a BMW, anything will look good! :thumbup:

-Faheem

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
I haven't taken any pics, but I have a Whalen shift knob that's polished stainless steel, in my car (Black/Myrtle interior), and it looks surprisingly less out of place than I thought it would.

I'll try and get a pic up soon.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plaz said:
I haven't taken any pics, but I have a Whalen shift knob that's polished stainless steel, in my car (Black/Myrtle interior), and it looks surprisingly less out of place than I thought it would.

I'll try and get a pic up soon.
Looking forward to it, Plaz.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Faheem Daddy said:
A leather/titanium knob would look great if you had the titanium trim...but IMO a titanium knob in a car with wood trim would really throw everything off. Just get an all-leather shift knob, it'll match better, and you'll have better grip. Just my $.02. But hey, its a BMW, anything will look good! :thumbup:

-Faheem
In the pictures I've seen so far the satin finish aluminum does look a little out of place in a car with wood trim. Polished or brushed metal actually looks pretty good.

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Pete Teoh said:

You know... I might just do that. Did you get your trim yet?
Pete I just got it tonight when I got home from my office.

I just checked it out and it is the Aluminum trim but it is plastic. I've got no idea if this is the same thing that comes with the 330i but it sure looks the same

I can't beleive it but the price included shipping !!

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alan F said:

Pete I just got it tonight when I got home from my office.

I just checked it out and it is the Aluminum trim but it is plastic. I've got no idea if this is the same thing that comes with the 330i but it sure looks the same

I can't beleive it but the price included shipping !!
That's a great deal, Alan! I think all the OEM trim is really plastic with an outer layer of aluminum, carbon fiber or wood. What color is your interior? Do post pics when you get it installed.

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Pete Teoh said:

That's a great deal, Alan! I think all the OEM trim is really plastic with an outer layer of aluminum, carbon fiber or wood. What color is your interior? Do post pics when you get it installed.
Pete check out my sig bro !!

This trim is going to be for the 330i which will have grey interior.

CircleBMW is known for having very good prices !!

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alan F said:

Pete check out my sig bro !!

This trim is going to be for the 330i which will have grey interior.

CircleBMW is known for having very good prices !!
Whoops... That's what happens when I don't read people's sigs. :)

Yeah, Circle does have pretty good prices on stuff. I bought my euro console bin and chrome tailpipe trim from them. I wish they would update their online parts catalog though. Their website doesn't list all the different parts you can order through Circle.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alan F said:
Pete,

I just bought this shift knob without the 'M' logo from Maximillian Importing Co. along with a set of Clears for my incoming 330i !!!

Awesome! How much did the shift knob and clears cost? I'm thinking about getting titanium trim for my car, but I don't know if it'll look right with the sand interior. :dunno:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
I just searched everywhere and can't find pcs of the sand with the titanium interior trim.

I've seen it before and it looks ok but not incredible . . .

If I had sand interior I would definitely stick with the wood interior as it looks beautiful . . .

If your tired of the wood shifter I would consider a nice black leather shifter instead but I really wouldn't go with a silver color if your keeping the wood.

The clears were $425 which are up in price a little and I found out something I didn't know. The front corner clears are slightly different depending if you have a 325 or a 330.

The 330 come with a titanium finish to match the headlights and the 325 come in a black finish. What exactly that means I am not sure yet :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.