BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a new BMW 328i and on the third day noted some lights go on and found out the sensor wires were cut underneath the car: vandalized?. Towed the car to the local dealer in South Orlando, Feilds BMW center. It was repaired partly and was told safe to drive except in the wet condition the antilock brakes wont work if sudden brakes are applied etc as the sensor was not replaced due to delay in parts availbility etc. The vehicle released to us.

The problems started then: on the way home from the service center, the car acted erratic and steering lost control and car collided couple of times to the passenger side railings on the road at a 65 mph speed.

Cant trust the service center either as they edited the information on the service invoice stating the vehicle is unsafe to drive and customer took it anyway. We have the original which does not reflect any of the cautions. and the service center did edited this information after the fact they knew the accident occured.

If unsafe why they released the car I dont get it. My advise to everyone is Never trust the service center, have everything in writing and keep the receipts/

Any one has similar problems with the 328i, as the car and model is new and electronics errors can occur, especially if something is already malfunctioning.

Another problems is parts availbility: this accident occured in April and still the car is in the collision center for the repairs.

Also I will not do another transaction or purchase a vehicle from this particular dealer, i cant trust them period.Still negotiating with the dealer>

I will update any new information. Please do post your comments. Thanks for reading patiently.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just posted this and also emailed the BMW dealer will update you ASAP. As i said in my post, the dealer did edit the service invoice 3 days later, after the vehicle is towed to their lot. I do have the copy of the original service invoice and also the copy with their edited information too.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
Recently I bought a new BMW 328i and on the third day noted some lights go on and found out the sensor wires were cut underneath the car: vandalized?.

Any one has similar problems with the 328i, as the car and model is new and electronics errors can occur, especially if something is already malfunctioning.
lets see.... someone cut your wheel speed sensor wires, which caused a dsc malfunction and you are asking if anyone else had a similar issue......:confused:
i suspect anyone that had vandals cut their wheel speed sensor wires would have the same issue.

so you were driving the car with the warning lights after the dealer said it was ok to drive with the warning lights then you got into an accident.... are you posting to try to pressure the dealer with negative publicity or is there a question somewhere in here?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly both. As BMW is saying that they have nothing to do here, claiming the issue is between me and dealer. Dealer originally promised to replace the vehicle and now only interested in trading the accident vehicle with a new one at invoice price. If the vehicle is unsafe they should not released the vehicle and also falsified tge record after the fact they know the accident happened. So yes it's like neg publicity for the dealer. also want to know if any malfunctioning of ghe vehicle electronics when a sensor is not working properly can make the vehicle act erratic like what happened in accident where the steering lost control. Is it possible. Dies others have any such bad experiences.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
The problems started then: on the way home from the service center, the car acted erratic and steering lost control and car collided couple of times to the passenger side railings on the road at a 65 mph speed.

Cant trust the service center either as they edited the information on the service invoice stating the vehicle is unsafe to drive and customer took it anyway. We have the original which does not reflect any of the cautions. and the service center did edited this information after the fact they knew the accident occured.
You can sue!

Just think of how you've emotionally and professionally suffered, a direct result of the dealer's deliberate attempt to affix blame to: You.

The conflicted stress....the sense of shame and indignation....how has it affected your job performance?

A loss of consortium is the natural consequence of your dealer's dishonest and possibly illegal act.

Vangale, if you've initiated proceedings, post that you cannot comment further on advice of counsel.

Otherwise, contact an attorney! YOU are a grievously injured party, and must seek compensation for your pain and suffereng; loss of income due to same.

$500,000 not outa d'realm. We wouldn't want any dealer or mechanic of any description doing this - takes a massive settlement to impress that upon 'em, doesn't it?

Green Yellow Text Font

· Banned
10,511 Posts
lets see.... someone cut your wheel speed sensor wires, which caused a dsc malfunction and you are asking if anyone else had a similar issue......:confused:
i suspect anyone that had vandals cut their wheel speed sensor wires would have the same issue.

so you were driving the car with the warning lights after the dealer said it was ok to drive with the warning lights then you got into an accident.... are you posting to try to pressure the dealer with negative publicity or is there a question somewhere in here?
Check the 3 series ride height. Where were wires cut, and how did it happen? Wire cutters - easily seen - or road debris?

Emoticon Yellow Facial expression Smiley Smile

· Banned
10,511 Posts
Possibly both. As BMW is saying that they have nothing to do here, claiming the issue is between me and dealer. Dealer originally promised to replace the vehicle and now only interested in trading the accident vehicle with a new one at invoice price. If the vehicle is unsafe they should not released the vehicle and also falsified tge record after the fact they know the accident happened. So yes it's like neg publicity for the dealer. also want to know if any malfunctioning of ghe vehicle electronics when a sensor is not working properly can make the vehicle act erratic like what happened in accident where the steering lost control. Is it possible. Dies others have any such bad experiences.
An authorized BMW dealer. BMWNA will be named - how do they feel about that?

BMWNA will have certain performance requirements dealers must adhere to.

Any response should of course be counsel approved.

· Registered
71 Posts
Good thing that you're still alive...

Reading your side of the story at least, if this is true and the dealer told you the car was safe to drive, and you have it in writing, I think it's pretty safe to say that you'll be in a good position should you sue the dealer for the repair costs. "Emotional stress" and loss of income is a different story and probably over the top. But I think it's fair to say that crashing on the highway because the repair center said it was ok to drive and it was not, I would want to have the repair cost or insurance deductible paid by the dealer. If you can't reach an amicable agreement with the dealer you will need to hire a lawyer rather than post on a forum.

Maybe the lawyer asked you to find similar experiences at the same dealership as is common practice when putting a claim together?

Good luck...

· Banned
10,511 Posts
Reading your side of the story at least, if this is true and the dealer told you the car was safe to drive, and you have it in writing, I think it's pretty safe to say that you'll be in a good position should you sue the dealer for the repair costs. "Emotional stress" and loss of income is a different story and probably over the top. But I think it's fair to say that crashing on the highway because the repair center said it was ok to drive and it was not, I would want to have the repair cost or insurance deductible paid by the dealer. If you can't reach an amicable agreement with the dealer you will need to hire a lawyer rather than post on a forum.

Maybe the lawyer asked you to find similar experiences at the same dealership as is common practice when putting a claim together?
BT, it is the squeaky wheels what gets the lube, and a good attorney appreciates a creative and motivated client.

I say: Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I say: Explore the unknown!

I say: View this inspirational video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuMlHdxiIZ8&feature=player_detailpage

· Registered
71 Posts
Well this is the kind of thinking that got this country's justice system where it is now: it's all about the cash and not the justice. Sorry I don't like lawyers. I bet half of the forum is now going to hate me :dunno:

· Registered
182 Posts
Recently I bought a new BMW 328i and on the third day noted some lights go on and found out the sensor wires were cut underneath the car: vandalized?. Towed the car to the local dealer in South Orlando, Feilds BMW center. It was repaired partly and was told safe to drive except in the wet condition the antilock brakes wont work if sudden brakes are applied etc as the sensor was not replaced due to delay in parts availbility etc. The vehicle released to us.

If unsafe why they released the car I dont get it. My advise to everyone is Never trust the service center, have everything in writing and keep the receipts/

Another problems is parts availbility: this accident occured in April and still the car is in the collision center for the repairs.

Also I will not do another transaction or purchase a vehicle from this particular dealer, i cant trust them period.Still negotiating with the dealer>

I will update any new information. Please do post your comments. Thanks for reading patiently.
Please elaborate on item in bold.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not contacted the attorney yet. as the dealer initially said, i thought he siad, the dealer will replace the vehicle once it comes back from the collison center. He did not want to switch it right away saying that my insurance was already approved the payment for the repair. I trusted the dealer and did not have any thing in writing and he did went ahead and ordered onother 328i with different color but same options. now he has changed the idea and wants me to get the new car at invoice price and the car which had accident, he want to auction it and use that money towrds the new car at invocie price. I feel cheated and the dealer did made addendum to the service report after he came to know that accident occured. He added notes saying that the car is not safe to drive in all conditions. Well couple of post on this forum are skeptical, i understand. I do have the original service report and a copy of the one with addendum with a different date on it clearly showing that the dealer is trying to cover up the mistake.

· Registered
182 Posts
I have not contacted the attorney yet. as the dealer initially said, i thought he siad, the dealer will replace the vehicle once it comes back from the collison center. He did not want to switch it right away saying that my insurance was already approved the payment for the repair. I trusted the dealer and did not have any thing in writing and he did went ahead and ordered onother 328i with different color but same options. now he has changed the idea and wants me to get the new car at invoice price and the car which had accident, he want to auction it and use that money towrds the new car at invocie price. I feel cheated and the dealer did made addendum to the service report after he came to know that accident occured. He added notes saying that the car is not safe to drive in all conditions. Well couple of post on this forum are skeptical, i understand. I do have the original service report and a copy of the one with addendum with a different date on it clearly showing that the dealer is trying to cover up the mistake.
Please post them here. Redact whatever personal info you like.

Also would like to see the accident report from the Police. Again, feel free to redact personal info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.