BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hundreds upon hundreds of miles of driving between NYC and Philly, 3 car loads of boxes, and 2 weeks of neglect have made my 330Ci the envy of nobody. And with no place to wash or wax, I have been reduced to a mere shadow of my former self.

Even my wheels look a little Alan F-ish.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Anyone know an exceptional detailer in the NYC area to save my car from its new look of shame? I have a detailer lined up in Philly if all else fails, but obviously the closer the better.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: Say it isn't so! Alee willing and wanting to entrust the beauty of his baby to something other than his own two hands???? :eeps:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaz said:
:yikes: :yikes: Say it isn't so! Alee willing and wanting to entrust the beauty of his baby to something other than his own two hands???? :eeps:
Sad isn't it? I suppose I could open up one of the fire hydrants on the NYC streets and detail my car that way. :eeps:

My detailing days are over -- simply no way for me to do it right in NYC. :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big Al 330i said:
He must be really desperate. He must be :banghead: just thinking about it
I'm actually a little more concerned about my valet parking garage that I'm paying a small fortune to let other people park my car.

I don't get my strap-on bumper pads until next week, so I am lying awake at night with visions of my car's front bumper being scratched to death by the valet. I am still hunting for the perfect garage.

In a week, I may be asking for a body shop instead of a detail shop. :(

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Al 330i said:
Alee, welcome to life in the Big Apple. No driveway, no hose. the amount you have to pay for a garage is what some people pay for rent.
My commuting costs to get to Philadelphia every weekday, plus my garage costs, car payment and car insurance are pretty frightening... but somehow, living in NYC makes it all worthwhile. I can't figure it out. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
alee said:

I'm actually a little more concerned about my valet parking garage that I'm paying a small fortune to let other people park my car.

I don't get my strap-on bumper pads until next week, so I am lying awake at night with visions of my car's front bumper being scratched to death by the valet. I am still hunting for the perfect garage.

Make sure you "grease" the valet really good. ;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

Sad isn't it? I suppose I could open up one of the fire hydrants on the NYC streets and detail my car that way. :eeps:

My detailing days are over -- simply no way for me to do it right in NYC. :cry:
Yet another reason to visit me Al:)

Three hose outlets, 2 car garage for shade, multiple car care products on had, free dinner and complimentary horse manure to take back to the city:D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
alee said:

whats the link for these bumper pads???

·
Astigmatic Visionary
2,802 Posts
There are lots of guys at corners who'll clean your windshield,for just a slightly larger honorarium i'm sure they will be happy to do a full detail for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.