BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AWD rocks
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while driving today on i76 highway in phila, a decent sized rock came flying toward and then crashing down on my windshield (top left portion of the windshield). the windshield didn't break nor crack but i noticed a few small chips. from the outside of the car, the chips are white colored. from the inside, the chips look black (like the color of the rock).

the 4 or so small chips aren't that deep but are noticable.

is there any resolution for fixing this problem w/o replacing the windshield? did anyone resolve a similiar issue?

thanks,
jaisonline

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I was pretty depressed when I noticed my first chip. As long as it is not too deep and doesn't show any cracklines, you should be fine. But if there are cracklines, consult your insurance agent and have an autoglass company fix the cracklines asap.

jaisonline said:
while driving today on i76 highway in phila, a decent sized rock came flying toward and then crashing down on my windshield (top left portion of the windshield). the windshield didn't break nor crack but i noticed a few small chips. from the outside of the car, the chips are white colored. from the inside, the chips look black (like the color of the rock).

the 4 or so small chips aren't that deep but are noticable.

is there any resolution for fixing this problem w/o replacing the windshield? did anyone resolve a similiar issue?

thanks,
jaisonline

1 - 2 of 2 Posts