BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Darwinator.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the whole search/read thing...I know it's gotta be pulled out from the bottom. But man, I've been cranking on this thing for 2 days and can't get it to budge! My fingers are raw! (And before anyone asks yes I got the 2 screws out. There are only 2 screws right?)

This'd be a 2003 330Ci w/widescreen nav...trying to get the center vent out and the nav headunit itself to install the Dension iPod dongle. (I just like using that word.)

Any tips? I can't even find a good place to wedge a screwdriver...I don't dare risk scratching or cracking the nav. Short of small explosives I'm not sure how to make the thing budge.

B.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try this: Grab the vents from the bottom and slowly rock them up while pulling it out. The vents are held in by a round plastic tab that is notched onto the metal support. A decent amount of force is going to be needed to nudge the plastic tab past the metal support. Good luck!

·
The Darwinator.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where exactly are the tab and metal support? I think if I put the force in the right location it'll pop. Otherwise I'm breaking out the blasting caps.

Thanks!

B.

·
The Darwinator.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Croikie! I got it!

I ended up wrapping a towel around the bottom edge, putting my butt on the airbag, and pulling up around the bottom as hard as I could. The thing snapped out with a loud pop, but looks intact.

Thanks!

B.

·
The Darwinator.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap...now that I've got it all disassembled, looks like Dension sent me the wrong connector!

I am not enjoying this.

B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts