BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any word on if/when SMS will be available?

1036 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  The HACK
:dunno:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I thought it was what BMW was calling the "de-tuned" version of the SMG. I thought they were going to go away from step and start using SMS...
nate328Ci said:
What's SMS? :dunno:
SSG
Chipster said:

I thought it was what BMW was calling the "de-tuned" version of the SMG. I thought they were going to put segue from step to SMS...
Oh yea that's what it was...my bad:eeps:
nate328Ci said:
It is also refferd to as SSG :dunno:

It would be nice to have a non-detuned version, but I guess de-tuned is good too :dunno:
Chipster said:

Oh yea that's what it was...my bad:eeps:
SMS = Short Message Service? :p
Chipster said:
I think it is already out in Europe, but only on the Club Sport model. As far as the USA goes, I predict not soon.
A small info : it's called SMG :)
Short Messaging Service (text messages between mobile phones).

Check with your service provider to see if its available.

:D :D :D :D :D

Patrick
nate328Ci said:
What's SMS? :dunno:
I think he's talking about the SMG-equivalent on the other 3-series models, which is SSG. :)
Didn't I read somewhere that it won't be available in the US?:dunno:
Alex Baumann said:
A small info : it's called SMG :)
Yes, you all are correct, I was referring to SSG, not SMS (I kew one of the letters was changed!)

Thanks,

Chip
Teej said:

I think he's talking about the SMG-equivalent on the other 3-series models, which is SSG. :)
Didn't I read somewhere that it won't be available in the US?:dunno:
Actually, I thought that BMW is now referring to both versions as SMG (sequential manual gearbox).
Chipster said:

Yes, you all are correct, I was referring to SSG, not SMS (I kew one of the letters was changed!)

Thanks,

Chip
You're correct.
cenotaph said:

Actually, I thought that BMW is now referring to both versions as SMG (sequential manual gearbox).
It already is...It's been available for more than a year now. What have you been smoking?

Oh...You mean to U.S.? Not going to happen in the E46 body I'll bet.
Chipster said:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.