Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with a really rude guy named Bob at Dinan today. Last Friday I tried to reach Dinan I was transfered to Bob's voicemail and left a message. I need to know if a strut brace from a 2001 330CI will fit my 2002 325XI. I would have assumed not but a friend had contacted the dealer that installed the brace in his 330ci and they said it would fit. Well first Bob never returned my phone call, next I called again today and got his voicemail, hung up and called back hit 0 for an operator, she transfered me to Bob who sounded like he could not be bothered. Further more he could not explain why the strut brace is listed in there master catalog on line as the exact same part # for all E46 but it is actually a different part. I am very discouraged I was looking forward to purchasing there software, rear-brace, intake and throttle body. However I am now having second thoughts of dealing with this company. Did I just catch them on a bad day or could they care less about customer support?

·
Registered
595 Posts
bob sucks.

i hate dealing with him.

you need to ask your local dinan retailer for a name of one of their tech's.

always ask to speak with that tech.

bob is worthless and he never answers his phone. he filters his voicemail.

and he also doesn't take the time of day to speak with non_M owners as in dinan's valuation, non-M owners won't buy aftermarket equipment and you're basically, yeah, wasting his time.

i was asking more about my wife's car and products coming out for it. i didn't waste my breath telling him how much dinan equipment i had invested in my own car. like it would have mattered. if i ever move out there to mountain view, i'd love ot meet him in person. he probably doesn't even drive a bmw.

·
10,856 Posts
He sounds like my service advisor at VOB. HE drives a Monte Carlo.

·
Early roadfly migrant
397 Posts
Why don't you talk to Chris Crawford instead? I remember leaving Bob voice messages also, but never got a call back. I went there in person and Chris was extremely helpful.

I got my Dinan stage II software downloaded by Chris at the Mt View center. Before doing so, I spent nearly half an hour to an hour talking to him about intakes, software, etc. He told me that typically, stage I is what I would get, but he was nice enough to download stage II. I had him try explain the differences between the two, benefits, drawback, etc. All in all, $399 for everything (software, labor, plus an hour of Dinan talk.) :)

This was before the shark injector was even available. Otherwise, I might have gotten that instead, but I'm still satisfied with the Dinan software. As a bonus, I got a FREE OIL SERVICE coupon from them for being a customer. Worth $80. Not bad at all...

Don't let Bob or one person at Dinan change your mind. They are reputable, and worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts