BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 530i and sometimes when I take a corner it loses exceleration. I notice it more when my gas is low (1/4 of a tank, but I never let it get below that). I took it to the dealer and of course it didn't do it when they had it :rolleyes: .

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
tivs530i said:
I have a '06 530i and sometimes when I take a corner it loses exceleration. I notice it more when my gas is low (1/4 of a tank, but I never let it get below that). I took it to the dealer and of course it didn't do it when they had it :rolleyes: .

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
Traction control kicking in? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Im thinking the same... The other day I dropped my gear into 3rd from 6th at around 55 miles an hour and apparently my rear wheels slipped and while I was pressing the gas it wouldn't go for a few seconds, I looked at the dash and got the yellow circle thingy light and then it went away.

I guess to prevent this you should turn off all dsc and dtc before hard acceleration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I'm not going real fast or anything and there is no warning light or anything that comes on. Do you think it's because I have 20's on my car? It's wierd it feel like the car is going die or something but after the turn is complete I'm able to accelerate again. :dunno:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I loose engine power as I am coming out of a corner. Even if I press the gas pedal right away, it takes time for the engine to rev up and pick up speed. By the way I have not paid attention to the gas tank meter when this happens. I think the transmition is not downshifting, like if I was taking the corner in a manual on 3rd gear.
Anybody else with this problem? or is it one of those "normal" things again?:tsk:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
N1Daniel said:
I have the exact same problem. I loose engine power as I am coming out of a corner. Even if I press the gas pedal right away, it takes time for the engine to rev up and pick up speed. By the way I have not paid attention to the gas tank meter when this happens. I think the transmition is not downshifting, like if I was taking the corner in a manual on 3rd gear.
Anybody else with this problem? or is it one of those "normal" things again?:tsk:
I don't think it's normal at all. I've had a few problems with my 530i. I've also noticed that if you have it in manual, it won't do it. You explained it way better than I did. Thanks.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
When I went to the 6 driving school, we drove 650's with SMG. The car was cutting out constantly around corners because of the DSC/DTC. The cars are so light it is easy to break the tires loose.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,021 Posts
tivs530i said:
But I'm not going real fast or anything and there is no warning light or anything that comes on. Do you think it's because I have 20's on my car? It's wierd it feel like the car is going die or something but after the turn is complete I'm able to accelerate again. :dunno:
I had the same problem on 3 mercedes - in each case it was a defective throttle position sensor. BMW may use a similar unit, as it was a Robert Bosch part. Never had a problem with my 2003 540, nor have I heard of this before on the E39 or E60 boards. However, you might do a search for throttle position sensor.

I'm betting though that it is more likely a software glitch - something in the ECU is cutting back on power - which I would bet is a sensor sending a bad signal. Might be related to your 20's, but I haven't heard of others having this problem. One way to check would be to mount a set of 17's or 18's (do you have snows mounted?) and see if the problem goes away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts