Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BMW accessory. Would seem to come in handy if, say, a half gallon of milk were to spill on the way home from the grocery.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been thinking about it. I went to buy it one day at the local BMW dealer, and he said it won't fit the coupe. I don't believe him though.

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
I don't have the trunk liner but if I am putting something dirty or wet in the trunk I turn the mat over to the rubber side. It cleans up easily and nothing slides around on it.

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
I've got it. Works fine, as advertised. I got it for the mentioned potential grocery accidents and for when putting something wet or muddy in there.

(Trying to refrain from making mafia jokes.... don't mention bodies... trying...) ;)

It's a little bit more 'rubbery' and a little bit less 'plasticy' than I expected, so it prevents things from sliding around a little. For me, it's well worth the $60 or whatever it costs.

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
it's great

I mean it doesn't look as cool as the regular mat but it does a great job. I use it mainly for 2 slushy snowboards and 2 pairs of boots. Really easy to clean, and like JonW said it's rubbery enough that stuff really doesn't slide around.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I have the BMW trunk mat; I think I paid $48.00 for it... excellent for when you go to Home Depot to get yard supplies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the mat...

...and i have a coupe.

I like the mat, it wasn't very much money, and it will keep the trunk carpet looking good. It isn't as heavy of a rubber as I expected, but it does the job. Mine doesn't say "BMW" anywhere on it: I think I remember seeing a pic of somebody's mat that had a roundel stamped into it, but maybe i'm imagining it. Mine has raised "oval" shapes which in combination with the textured rubber definately stops things from sliding around back there.

here's a kinda crappy pic...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. It almost looks brown in that picture!
It looks like it would hold at least a gallon of milk, oil, etc!
Thanks.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
I have it in my Touring (cost something like $50) and it is extremely useful. Especially when transporting our baby carriage! It is also easy to clean up - just take it out and hose it off.

I recommend it, whatever BMW you drive.

Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts