BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think scalped tickets would cost? I hear that BMW has a street in downtown closed off the night before the race, so that Montoya and Ralf can give a talk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm heading for the weekend with the wife. I see from the website (www.grandprix.ca) that there are still a few seats left but not the greatest views. Try calling bmwcanada; they sent me a letter a few months ago offering a package with gold seats and extra goodies for a bit over list price but I opted to buy silvers myself near the hair pin where there should be more action. It sounded like they had some invites to exclusive parties. I've heard that Crescent St. where the bars are may be closed off for an M series show. I'm planning to contact bmw in Montreal to see if they have any events planned. FYI, you'll need to scramble for a place to stay. Hotels get booked way in advance. We're staying with a friend. I'm not sure if it'll be worth going to the practice session on Friday. Hopefully you can make it and JPM's engine won't explode like it did in Monaco.:tsk:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Actually there will be two BMW expositions:

One hosted by BMW and include only M cars on Crescent st
and an other Hosted by BMWCCA should include 75 vehicules
from members (should have Isettta and Z1) on Mc-Gill st.

I doubt there are still rooms available downtown but if you go
outside town you should find something.

There will be some scalpers for sure but expect $$$$, anyways,
it's only Canadian money!!:cry:

The trip is worth only to see Montreal women:thumb: :thumb:

Bon Grand Prix!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I wouldn't miss it. I've gone every year since '97. Unless you can find a cancellation, I very much doubt you'll find a hotel room. McGill University does rent dorm rooms, but I think they are sold out also. Unlike the USGP, I haven't noticed many ticket scalpers. Have you tried e-bay? Peppy, I really like going to Friday practice. It's not so crowded and you can move around a bit. Plus, I take advantage of every chance I get to hear those wonderful V-10s scream. We take the same flight every year from O'hare and it's normally full of F1 fans, so the fun begins even on the plane!

·
Registered
571 Posts
By the way Discoboy is right about the women. They have got to be the most beautiful girls I have seen. Whatever you feed them up there please send some down to Chicago. We've got a better ballpark however. Why don't you guys support the Expos? They've had some great teams.

·
Addicted To Autocross
191 Posts
I'm Going...

Its my 2nd trip to Canada. I'm not really an F1 fan, but it is the only one in North America, so I'm thinking it would be a good experience. I'm going to stop by Toronto first and then go to Montreal for a few days. My friend has already been there and I'm going with him. It should be cool. If what is said about the women there is true, then it should be really cool :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just talked to BMWCA...

The M night is on Peel St. between St. Catherines and Maissoneuve. At 6 pm, the drivers will be making an appearance: open to public. There will be a private party across the street ($300 each: sold out but taking names for stand by).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts