BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Asian King

Hey Yankfan,

my car is also on Asian King, I have been tracking it since monday. I hope our cars dont get damaged in shipping and/or get stuck in customs. Did your dealer give you a delivery date?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm on Asian King as well, but I have an ordered car on board. For the most part, I've heard only the ED cars are held a bit longer at customs. That is because they were driven around all over Europe so they want to make sure nobody smuggled in a hot Dutch girl.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just left Southampton, UK today. Its on its way to its long voyage across the Atlantic Ocean. Hopefully she doesn't run into any of those tropical depressions forming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm on Asian King as well, but I have an ordered car on board. For the most part, I've heard only the ED cars are held a bit longer at customs. That is because they were driven around all over Europe so they want to make sure nobody smuggled in a hot Dutch girl.
+1 I tried, but my wife found her @HARMS...:mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got this info from the ports of Halifax and NY/NJ. It looks like it departs at 4:30pm today from Halifax and is scheduled to dock in NY at 1pm on Thursday.

Current Vessel Berthing Information
Berth Vessel Agent

AUTOPORT ASIAN KING
(ETD 16:30) WALLENIUS WHILHELMSEN LINE

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes it has already left Halifax....here's the rest of the itinerary.

Port Country Arrival Departure

KOTKA FINLAND 19/07/2007 20/07/2007
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 26/07/2007 28/07/2007
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 29/07/2007 30/07/2007
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 31/07/2007 31/07/2007
HALIFAX, NS CANADA 07/08/2007 07/08/2007
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 09/08/2007 10/08/2007
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 11/08/2007 12/08/2007
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 14/08/2007 14/08/2007

·
Registered
48 Posts
Asian King

Anyone picking their car at the PCD? Has your CA given you a pick up date yet for PCD or Dealer delivery?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any updates?

Did anyone get any updates from their dealer on the status of your car? i called Harms but got voice mail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I spoke to a lady at Harms here in NJ on Friday morning. She said that if my car was discharged from the vessel on Thursday (which is what the Wallenius Wilhemson site shows) then the paperwork goes to customs Friday and then takes 24 - 48 hours to clear. At that point they contact the dealer. I asked if it made any difference that my car was an ED car and she said no. I relayed this info to my dealer and she promised to follow up next week, so hopefully I'll have more info then.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Good luck, and pray that your car isn't one of the "lucky" ones chosen at random by Customs for special examination. Mine was discharged from vessel on July 30th, and has been sitting at Customs ever since. :(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts