BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
harness bar

I also have a friend with a harness bar in his e30 325. They need one because of the shorter seats. Unless you are really tall you won't need one in an e46. The bar gives a better angle of the shoulder harness in the e30.
Are you installing a harness in your e46? I just ordered one for mine.

btw I like the yellow tape job!!! I use a bra at the track and black tape my lights to get the all black steath look.

-TC

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: harness bar

TC330Ci said:
I also have a friend with a harness bar in his e30 325. They need one because of the shorter seats. Unless you are really tall you won't need one in an e46. The bar gives a better angle of the shoulder harness in the e30.
Are you installing a harness in your e46? I just ordered one for mine.

btw I like the yellow tape job!!! I use a bra at the track and black tape my lights to get the all black steath look.

-TC
I was just looking at this as an option to the Schroth harnessess that attach to factory buckles/mounting points. I am 6'2", so I don't know what added benefit the bar would provide over the Schroth. So no, I am not installing one, but was just curious if anyone else had. Where did you get yours from? I searched the web and came up empty. Post some pics when you get it in!

Re: the tape, thanks. I thought the yellow looked cool with the black, plus with everyone else (e46ers that is) using blue, it makes me easier to spot.

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
Re: Re: harness bar

Chris330Ci said:

I was just looking at this as an option to the Schroth harnessess that attach to factory buckles/mounting points. I am 6'2", so I don't know what added benefit the bar would provide over the Schroth. So no, I am not installing one, but was just curious if anyone else had. Where did you get yours from? I searched the web and came up empty. Post some pics when you get it in!

Re: the tape, thanks. I thought the yellow looked cool with the black, plus with everyone else (e46ers that is) using blue, it makes me easier to spot.
The blue tape is typiclaly painters tape which comes off easily wiht no residue. Not a fashion statement.

Any by the clear protective film on and don't worry about taping (www.bavauto.com0

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: harness bar

Pinecone said:

The blue tape is typiclaly painters tape which comes off easily wiht no residue. Not a fashion statement.

Any by the clear protective film on and don't worry about taping (www.bavauto.com0
:confused: I am aware of what the blue tape is and was not trying to make a 'fashion statement' as you put it. I was given about 6 options to choose from, so I picked yellow. I don't want the clear film, so I will continue to tape.

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
I wasn't sure you knew that. So calm down.

WRT the fashion statement comment, "I thought the yellow looked cool with the black" you made it.

Any particlar reason to not put the clear film on the lights? I can see people not wanting the entire front end installation.

One reason I like the clear film is that on a two day event, you don't have to pull it off to go to dinner in the evening.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pinecone said:
I wasn't sure you knew that. So calm down.

WRT the fashion statement comment, "I thought the yellow looked cool with the black" you made it.

Any particlar reason to not put the clear film on the lights? I can see people not wanting the entire front end installation.

One reason I like the clear film is that on a two day event, you don't have to pull it off to go to dinner in the evening.
No problem. Just wanted to make it clear that although I think it does look 'cool', I in no way try to dress up my car for looks alone.

And ok, you may have a point about the clear film. The tape is really starting to get aggravating after long days in the sun. I will be removing excess residue at some point when I get my energy back.

I also saw a guy with an e46 M3 that had some stuff that he could spray on to protect the fenders, lens', bumpers, etc. that would come off/wash off :dunno: when the event was over. I may research that as an alternative to the tape and film. My car is a mess. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.