BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an article from the November Consumer Reports. The T-rated tires were tested in 195/70/14 size on a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier, and the H-rated ones in 225/55/16 on a 2001 BMW 530i ( :thumbup: ).

Hope this helps!

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
i'd like to see this test run again on the same set of tires after 2 seasons of use. IMO many of the tires are designed to perform well for the first season but after the sticky stuff wears out...it'll be interesting to see how they rank.

·
10,856 Posts
Blizzaks had the best "emergency handling." That would sort of decidee it for me. :p

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
One interesting thing about the Michelin Pilot Alpins - they're pretty light for a tire. I was surprised when I picked one up. I'm not sure of the exact weight, but my guess is under 18lbs a piece. The Dunlops are much heavier by comparison.

·
Registered
738 Posts
geomax said:
One interesting thing about the Michelin Pilot Alpins - they're pretty light for a tire. I was surprised when I picked one up. I'm not sure of the exact weight, but my guess is under 18lbs a piece. The Dunlops are much heavier by comparison.
Now that you mention it, I noticed that as well. I had a chance to compare the Pilot Alpins to the Turanzas when I had the tech swapping them for me, and the Bridgestones seemed much heavier. The Artic Alpins I had for my 318 were even lighter, I was afraid if I left the door to garage open that they would get carried away with a gust of wind! :D

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Why is it that Toyo tires never seem to make it into comparisons. It's bad enough TireRack doesn't carry them. I had Toyo Observes on my car last winter, and they worked great... when it actually snowed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts