BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
---------
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bringing an ED car for someone else

I need to go to Europe again soon and having my own E90 already bought through ED last year I am wondering if there is a way I can bring another one for someone else this time.

The benefit is twofold: buyer gets discount and I get transportation in Europe.

I am aware of the requirement that the owner needs to show up in Munich so I guess I would need to buy it on my name and then sell to the interested party. Since I'm in WA it seems that a lease would work better than ownership because of the 9.1% sales tax (which is prorated in a lease but charged in full with a purchase).

Has anybody done something like this? How can I find a buyer for a car that yet needs to be ordered? :)

I've been also thinking of selling my own car and buying a new one. The problem is: high sales tax already paid (mine is not leased) and the fact that I wouldn't have a car when waiting for redelivery (unless I buy the 2nd one without selling mine - then I could actually sell either one later).

Any thoughts, comments, experiences? :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Greg220 said:
I've been also thinking of selling my own car and buying a new one. The problem is: high sales tax already paid (mine is not leased) and the fact that I wouldn't have a car when waiting for redelivery (unless I buy the 2nd one without selling mine - then I could actually sell either one later).
I'm not sure how it works in WA, but in a lot of states, you only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade in value and the purchase price. So, you may be able to save a few bucks in tax if you decide to go that route. And, you can always arrange to trade in the car upon redelivery so you aren't without a car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts