BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in the Carolina's next week and will get a chance on Wednesday to stop by Spartanburg and see the BMW Museum. Anyone have any experience there and some must sees?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I passed by there the on my way to Atlanta, but they were closed for the day. It looks really nice once you get in, but other parts of the area will remind of you of something else:D . It's pretty empty besides the BMW plant.

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
I stopped by a couple weeks ago on the drive up to Charlotte... Zentrum was open, but the factory tours are closed due to the plant being re-worked for the Z4 production start up.

Very nice facility -- much larger than Werk 1 in Munich (I used to work at the factory in Munich). The Zentrum is nicely done, but not too large. Definately stop by if your in the area.

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
I've spent a couple of days there for homecoming. The museum is a nice visit and if you're lacking in BMW paraphernalia, the Zentrum is the place to be. The plant tour, which I understand is closed for now, is most fascinating as is the performance center. I hope you can get a couple of 'spy' shots of the new Z4. While you are there, the Michelin plant is right down the road and you can sometimes get some nice posters and such from them. I don't know if they offer a plant tour though. Enjoy your trip, the Carolinas are beautiful.

Spartanburg/Greer factory

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
We stopped there after the Car Control Clinic. It's well worth the visit, I'd go again.

Attachments

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
We were there two weeks ago during a Performanc Center Delivery (write up in the New Owners portion).

Very nice, just realize it is closed on Sunday and Monday.

I would also stop by the Performance Center to just see it and the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts