·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone coded sport+ on an F07?

If so how and what affect did it have?

- did it give you gear readings in the cluster EG D to D1 , D2 etc
- did it change the shifting at all
- did you notice any change to the rear air suspension setup?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I believe the Sports Plus coding gives you Sports mode w/o traction control. I have been unsuccessful so far with coding it. But then just for turning of traction control; I didn't seriously pursue it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I am new to the 5 GT world (just picked up a 2013 535i xDrive GT), but I think I can contribute here....

My mother has a 2012 535i GT and her car has Sport and Sport+ modes. I only drove her car a few times (right before I got my GT) but best I could tell was that Sport+ only turned off traction control. The individual gears did not show up in the dash unless you were in manual mode.

My car only has Sport mode. My guess is that BMW removed the Sport+ mode after 2012 because too many people were getting into "trouble" with Sport+, not knowing how to drive the car without traction control. I am just now getting into coding and I may turn it on if I can find it, but as others have mentioned, if I really want to turn off traction control, it is just one extra button push away.

That being said, if Sport+ does add additional performance, other than just turning off traction control, I would be more interested in turning it on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coded? I thought they all come with Sport+. At least mine does, maybe because I have DHP?
Yes, my understanding is you get it with DHP which is essentially air Damper front and rear and some computer stuff to make it do special things. For those with DHP Sport+ will stiffen the suspension.

All F07 have rear Air dampers so dont know whether this will affect those.

There is also suggestion here that this will make gear shift slightly more aggressive and limited to only the first 7

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just to add what's been said, DHP gives you Sport+ and Comfort. Both in addition to Sport, Normal and EcoPro.

Since DHP equipped cars also change suspension in addition to steering and shift points, its logical that, like the additional Comfort mode, Sport+ also affects suspension on DHP equipped cars as BlackGT suggests.

If true, then a coded non-DHP equipped cars would only be getting traction control turned off. If however, in addition to suspension, sport+ ALSO affects steering and tranny, then coding it might give you those too.

I have seen nothing that leads me to believe Sport+ affects suspension, steering and tranny even on DHP cars. Would like to learn if it does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I guess I just learned something about my GT and my mother's GT. She must have DHP as an option. IIRC, her car does not have ECO Plus mode.

Although, I am assuming my car does not have DHP, but the options I have are Sport, Comfort and ECO Pro Mode. I do not have a 'Normal' mode as mentioned above. I am assuming the previous owner did not code anything on the car - but I don't know how to tell yet if any previous coding was done.

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
I think there is a difference in nomenclature that could be confusing people here as well. For MYs 2009-2011 there was: Comfort, Normal, Sport, Sport+ (I believe Sport+ was only on DHP equipped vehicles)

and MY 2012+: EcoPro, Comfort, Sport, Sport+

(note: GT was not imported to US until MY2010, but other models like F01/F02 were)

Here is a discussion about differences between Sport vs Sport+ on a F30 forum:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641293

Perhaps we can compare MY 2010-2011 with/without Sport+ and MY2012 with/without Sport+ in relation to suspension options equipped to at least understand where the differences lie; just go to www.bmwvin.com and verify what options are on the vehicle. I believe it is the Adaptive Drive option that provides Sport+ for our MY 2010 vs other MY2010 that do not have Sport+, what I don't know is if one can have Dynamic Drive without Adaptive Drive or vice versa.

Here is our data: In the attachment, red box are those options I believe affect whether one has Sport+ while yellow boxes are options that will be affected by Sport+ (I may be wrong about the EDC being affected by Sport+).

In conclusion:

Our MY 2010 has: Comfort, Normal, Sport, Sport+ driving modes.
Options that I think result in inclusion of Sport+: Dynamic Drive, Adaptive Drive

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
On my 2011 535d Xdrive GT M-Sport I have driving modes: Sport+, Sport, Comfort, Comfort+
Sport+ switches off traction control and changes gear at higher revs and seems more throttle responsive.
Comfort+ changes gear at low revs and the throttle is least responsive.
There's a slight difference between the modes in terms of ride comfort; Sport+ you tend to feel a lot more of the bumps in the road and Comfort+ has the most cushioned ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2013 550xi GT with DHP has Sport+, Sport, Comfort, Comfort+, and ECO Pro modes.

Some modes are configurable (whether the chassis and drivetrain are adjusted) ... Sport+ turns off DSC.

Comfort+ is like riding in a boat ... great for long drives on boring straight highways or really crappy/bumpy roads

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you can configure suspension as part of configuring modes then you have DHP and sport+ and comfort+. If you have a car later than 2012 (I think) then you have Eco Pro irregardless of DHP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts