BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...and if so, do you store it in the X3 or keep it on your body. Just got a new X3 and our CCW permits are on the way! Looks like there are a few good places to store the firearm in the X3.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can actually do that here too. Since I don't have my CCW quite yet, I just worry about leaving it in the car when I go into a store, etc. What do you think about the center console. Was also looking at the storage compartment where the NAV would go. I don't have the NAV so it is empty. This may be a stupid idea once I look into it further, but just a thought.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
You can also add another first aid kit box under the driver's seat and store it there.
Seeing as how US-spec non-European Delivery vehicles don't even have one, I suggest this as well. Passenger (default) or driver's seat work since both have the holes for the screws.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
First aid box is a great idea. The empty nav compartment on the dash not so much. It does get hot there LOL! The top part of the center console lid might work, depending on the size of your iron. Unfortunately in this state none of the above is possible. So I carry a can of Wasp & Hornet spray just in case.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
A little uncomfortable but it stays IWB at 3:30

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see we have some gun guys on this board. I think I would have gotten more fearful responses if I was on a Lexus board! Thanks for the ideas. We have a Glock 27 and a Glock 22. I think the 27 should fit nicely in the places listed!

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
The empty nav compartment on the dash not so much. It does get hot there LOL! .
Is that from the sun? I hadn't noticed this.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just wish Wisconsin had a Conceal Carry Permit!! 1 of 2 states that won't allow it. Damn politicians.
I agree that the First Aid kit would be the best place for "concealment" if the handgun fits, but how accessible is it from the driver's seat? ie can you simply reach down open it up and get the gun out?

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
Taser C2

First aid box is a great idea. The empty nav compartment on the dash not so much. It does get hot there LOL! The top part of the center console lid might work, depending on the size of your iron. Unfortunately in this state none of the above is possible. So I carry a can of Wasp & Hornet spray just in case.
What about a taser C2. Very compact and only 5 counties in the US won't let you have them.

Wife like it too. They come in assorted colors and still pack a punch.

Fits very nicely in armrest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wish Wisconsin had a Conceal Carry Permit!! 1 of 2 states that won't allow it. Damn politicians.
I agree that the First Aid kit would be the best place for "concealment" if the handgun fits, but how accessible is it from the driver's seat? ie can you simply reach down open it up and get the gun out?
I hear ya! I was born and raised in Green Bay. Went to school in The Mad City. Lots to like about Wisconsin, but their gun laws are not one of them. You'd think it would be different in such a pro-hunting state.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
what do u need a gun for, especially in the car. Hope u guys heard about that recent story in which a 7 year old shot a 2 year old. The guy was in the military; and now in jail.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
what do u need a gun for, especially in the car. Hope u guys heard about that recent story in which a 7 year old shot a 2 year old. The guy was in the military; and now in jail.
It can save your life.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I know them ******** here carry guns in their vehicles. Plenty of those around here.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
What do you need a seatbelt for, in the car?

I didn't hear the story, but I'm sure the gun didn't do it itself

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.