BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently (3 mos. ago) started doing the Pro--Fitness Health thing. Following sessions of one to two hours I find myself driving home in a much more subdued manner. Very little cutting in and out, no rage problem and sheer relaxation of being the proud owner of a machine that can take over within reason just about anything I will contact in my average city of around 60K people I am guessing. I do keep up the speed however and do not lag in that respect. Is this normal, or just me?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Then I've been working WAY too much...I've got to start doing something like this because I'm finding that my driving habits are becoming a BIG problem. I tell myself everytime I get into my car: "Alright - just take it nice and easy. Just cruise home, etc". But within a few miles, I'm racing like banshee....this isn't good. While it may be fun for me...don't think too many other people on the road appreciate it much....

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
rwebbe said:
I recently (3 mos. ago) started doing the Pro--Fitness Health thing. Following sessions of one to two hours I find myself driving home in a much more subdued manner. Very little cutting in and out, no rage problem and sheer relaxation of being the proud owner of a machine that can take over within reason just about anything I will contact in my average city of around 60K people I am guessing. I do keep up the speed however and do not lag in that respect. Is this normal, or just me?
Happens to me everyday. Not only are my muscles tired and in agony after a good workout, but my mind is also tired and concentrating on just getting to where I need to go (usually some source of food :D). I call it the post-workout involuntary meditation session.

·
Registered
2 Posts
racing like a banshee

I can't get that metaphor out of my head. Racing like a banshee! A long time ago, I went to a private high school where there were certain spoiled rich kids who drove BMWs. Since then I always marvelled at what asshole drivers BMWs owners were. Now that I finally bought one (six weeks ago), I finally understand!

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
Me too. Me too.

About half way through my workouts--body temp up, feeling good, adrenalin pumping--I start thinking about taking the car for a nice rip after the gym. I think about going out of my way to take the roundabout way home. But by the time I make the "long" walk across the parking lot (gotta avoid them door dings) and then settle into the drivers seat the "post-workout involuntary meditation session" takes over.

Plus, working that clutch after a legs day is no fun.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
ERK said:

Plus, working that clutch after a legs day is no fun.
Not fun!! :eek:

BTW, we all make the "long walk". It's in the BMW manual, didn't you see it? :D I park near 3 other bimmers at my gym.

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
webguy330i said:

Not fun!! :eek:

BTW, we all make the "long walk". It's in the BMW manual, didn't you see it? :D I park near 3 other bimmers at my gym.
I definitely saw it in the manual! There could be a 3 series only row at my gym. :thumbup:

Before I got my clutch stop, after a squat session my leg used to shake while clutching.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
ERK said:

I definitely saw it in the manual! There could be a 3 series only row at my gym. :thumbup:

Before I got my clutch stop, after a squat session my leg used to shake while clutching.
I have yet to get a clutch stop, so my leg shakes like it's having its own seizure or something. Very annoying!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
webguy330i said:

I have yet to get a clutch stop, so my leg shakes like it's having its own seizure or something. Very annoying!!
Well, I at least HAVE a clutch stop. It's sitting right here on my desk. I guess it's that tough install that has kept me from getting it on.

This doesn't normally happen to me after the gym, but I go in the mornings. Starts the day off a little earlier than otherwise - and I love a good romp with the car from the gym to work. On the other hand, I experience the feeling all the time when I work late (which is pretty much every day). It's amazing how smoothly you can shift when you never cross thirty mph, too.

·
2,457 Posts
rwebbe said:
Following sessions of one to two hours I find myself driving home in a much more subdued manner.....Is this normal, or just me?
I'm ususally very consistant in the way I drive on the road. I'd describe it as "Spirited, without being a jerk" :p . However, after auto-x's, I am much more subdued, like I worked it out of my system. :dunno:

I've heard that a few guys are leaving the events and getting speeding tickets, but I'm speed limit..mellow.:bigpimp:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts