BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leaving, by my interpretation of the info I've found, Bremerhaven on July 23, with ETA at Port Hueneme Aug 12/13? The AIS site is hard to use, I've found. Any internet alternatives?

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Agree with the difficulty. Some of the charts have an alphabetical index of the vessel names, but otherwise I think you have to look around to find the ship. Did you try the 2-week free full priviledge access? I wonder if that one will allow you to track better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Green Point

I'm on the Green Point. It was originally suppose to leave on July 18th and arrive at Port Hueneme on July 12th. For some reason, the ETS was changed to July 23rd and arrive on July 13th. I wonder why it changed sailing dates? I agree, it is really hard to find where the ship is at. I have tried ASILIVE, but can't find the ship via using the free trial. I use the website www.dbh.de to find out the schedule. I hope it sails on time!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the Green Point!

At 5:26 pm hawaii standard time, July 21, it was in the NW corner of the German Bight section on the AISLive public, free site. I'm assuming it's still heading toward Bremerhaven. Does anyone know how long these ships take to load? I'm not obsessing about the delivery, I'm just curious. Heck, I live in Hawaii; I'm not expecting the car until October:)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
smokeminside said:
Does anyone know how long these ships take to load?
I can find that out for sure. I believe they can discharge somewhere around 1000 cars in a 8-hour shift.

If I am on the Green Point (dropped off in Munich July 12), I will get more details. By the way who/how did you get confirmation of which vessel you were on. I e-mailed my drop-off guy, but have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent my

VIN with drop-off details (date and city) to [email protected]. Someone there wrote back pretty quickly. One thing I'm not clear on for the folks who drop off in Munich is whether they should request info through Harms, or MADA which, apparently has taken over shipping responsibilities in Munich. Anyone know?

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
smokeminside said:
VIN with drop-off details (date and city) to [email protected]. Someone there wrote back pretty quickly. One thing I'm not clear on for the folks who drop off in Munich is whether they should request info through Harms, or MADA which, apparently has taken over shipping responsibilities in Munich. Anyone know?
Thomas @ MADA took several days before replying. On the other hand, the email to Harms got a reply overnight from their office in New Jersey. It's been posted before that Thomas is an agent/subcontractor to Harms, so even if you dropoff in Munich Harms can track your car.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
DBU said:
I can find that out for sure. I believe they can discharge somewhere around 1000 cars in a 8-hour shift.

If I am on the Green Point (dropped off in Munich July 12), I will get more details. By the way who/how did you get confirmation of which vessel you were on. I e-mailed my drop-off guy, but have not heard back yet.
Thomas with MADA in Munich has confirmed I am on the Green Point. ETD Bremerhaven July 23, ETA Port Hueneme August 13 - just over a month from drop-off in Munich.

I work in the steamship business in Long Beach and expect to be able to get detailed information once she gets closer. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DBU, any

info you can come up with would be great, since I've already lost track of the vessel on AIS site:cry:

Thanks!

·
Bier ist G'sund!
85 Posts
I'm on that ship as well. I'm attempting to use the NYK site through my work connections....I'll post if I find out anything.
Brewmaster

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
mavsman26 said:
The AIS public site is impossible to use. Anyone with info on ETA at Port Hueneme?

Thanks!
August 12 - a few days after the "Auto Banner." The VPC will be busy...

Edit: Why are you asking? If you are in Cambridge, MA, I sure hope your car is not on this vessel...

·
Registered
34 Posts
DBU said:
August 12 - a few days after the "Auto Banner." The VPC will be busy...

Edit: Why are you asking? If you are in Cambridge, MA, I sure hope your car is not on this vessel...
I'm moving to the bay area in a couple of weeks. a side benefit of the ed was a convenient way of buying a car and having it shipped to california.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Green Point...

... is apparently stopping in San Diego, I assume on the way North to Port Hueneme
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

If that assumption is correct, she would only be in PH August 15. It also appears that the vessel is coming straight from the U.K. She is USA flag, which is VERY rare. My guess is that she also carries return military equipment used in Iraq (she has in the past).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info

It'll be interesting to see how much later I get my car than everyone else. Traumatic, too, I suppose...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Green Point at the Cristobal Anchorages

image.aspx.png

Found the Green Point due north in the picture above today (I think there is a delay for the info).
The Cristobal Anchorages is the entry part of the Panama Atlantic approach, so I guess it is still in the Atlantic.

Does it take over a week to get from Panama to San Diego?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
nextcar550 said:
View attachment 82416

Found the Green Point due north in the picture above today (I think there is a delay for the info).
The Cristobal Anchorages is the entry part of the Panama Atlantic approach, so I guess it is still in the Atlantic.

Does it take over a week to get from Panama to San Diego?
Panama to San Diego is abt. 2844 (nautical) miles, which at 17 knots will take 6 days 23 hours. ETA San Diego around 13 or 14th seems about right. Port Hueneme a day later...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't realize it was that far...

image-1.aspx.png

Wow I didn't realize Panama was so far. Thanks for the info.
Green Point finally made it to the Pacific (Red triangle in the pack lower left)!
Don't know why she is facing north?
1+ week and counting until PH.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
nextcar550 said:
View attachment 82583

Wow I didn't realize Panama was so far. Thanks for the info.
Green Point finally made it to the Pacific (Red triangle in the pack lower left)!
Don't know why she is facing north?
1+ week and counting until PH.
Thanks for the AIS screen shot. I gave up on that site so your efforts are appreciated.
You have PM.

What does the different colors of the vessels indicate? Do you know?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yellow triangles

are moving at either a very slow speed, or at anchor; green triangles are underway, and red ones have temporarily stopped sending signals indicating their movement, so the AIS system reports where they were last "seen."

1 - 20 of 53 Posts