BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to the automobile cargo ship Asian Emperior? My new and first BMW left Bremmerhaven last week. I tracked it going west (eventually) to Southhampton. It then continued west toward its next scheduled stop in Halifax. For some unknown reason it turned 180 degrees around and it sailed toward the east and eventually turned north heading up the North Sea then appears to have gone off the radar or whatever they use to track these ships.

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
The wait must be killing you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
There was a huge storm in the N Atlantic, so the Asian Emperor turned back and took shelter. Downside is that your delivery may be delayed a few days. Upside is that you won't be delayed a few weeks in the body shop because your car was tossed around in 50' waves!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, RichmondR!
You're right about that! I'm officially off the psycho-meter scale! ( ..."This one goes to eleven" )
It's a 550xi M Sport Alpine White and loaded! I feel like a kid again and Christmas is coming!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, falar,
Yup, I placed my order on 11-6-2013. It was built on 1-22-2014. Made it onto the ship 8 days later ( lucky me). It's interesting that this shipping phase is the most stressful part of the special order process.! Lol!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi bikeski,
Yes, that's exactly what happened. I just hope the ship doesn't hit any icebergs!
I see you have a 550xi on order as well. Is it on the same ship by any chance?
Nope, unfortunately my car has to make the long trek through the Panama Canal to Port Hueneme, CA, and then come across the Rockies on a truck. You'll have your car weeks before mine shows up.

My car is on a ship called "Aida" sailing from Bremerhaven today. It's not even scheduled into California until March 3rd.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks, RichmondR!
You're right about that! I'm officially off the psycho-meter scale! ( ..."This one goes to eleven" )
It's a 550xi M Sport Alpine White and loaded! I feel like a kid again and Christmas is coming!
I used to have an '09 535ix in Alpine White. Its a very pure, non-yellowish white. Very classy color ... I really liked the car.

Best wishes

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm also on the Asian Emperor with a 550xi M-Sport. I however am OK the ship slowed down. I only ordered mine 1/17 and can't believe how fast it got built and onto the ship. The dealer told me to expect it mid March. Being my 4th order I'm used to waiting 12 weeks plus typically.

Don't get me wrong, totally excited but sad to say goodbye to my 335xi M-Sport and I want most of this winter to be over. I live in upstate NY and the potholes are the worst ever here. So if this gets into the dealer a few weeks early I will probably let it sit a couple weeks to get me to mid-March and end of winter I hope.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I guess those on this ship that really want their car now must be even more upset that this ship is sitting at Halifax until 1/23 now and arrives into NYC for off load on 1/25. I suspect it has some mechanical issue. I hope no damage to any cars while coming across in the storms.

I on the other hand am OK with this delay.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My 550xi M Sport is on the Asian Emperor. Must have been a hell of storm if they got to stay in Hailifax until Feb 23rd! I ordered my car on November 6th, 2013! of course I'm pissed. If it's not seriously damaged I will have waited 4 months for that car! I just hope we all get our cars unscathed. As my father used to say "Everything is fine until it goes wrong"!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some google searching revealed that some John Deer tractors and combines and some Mercedes black cargo carriers were severely damaged. The few photos I saw showed them as unreconizable. Spoke to dealer yesterday and he said they won't know any more from BMW until the Asian Emperor gets to NY/NJ currently scheduled for 2-25-14. Anyone have any more info?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.