Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrives Port Hueneme on January 24, 2006 (12 days ;) ). It left Jacksonville on 1/9, in case anyone was wondering. So am I alone here? Bimmerfest must have some other folks on the Bellona as well...:hi:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Car Is On The Same Ship

I just post in the other thread. I just receive email that my car is on the same ship. It said it could take up to 20 days to reach my dealer. I dropped off my car on 12/19. I have not post a few pictures since the picture resolution is too high. I will try to use Photoshop and change the resolution and post them.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ihs84 said:
I just post in the other thread. I just receive email that my car is on the same ship. It said it could take up to 20 days to reach my dealer. I dropped off my car on 12/19. I have not post a few pictures since the picture resolution is too high. I will try to use Photoshop and change the resolution and post them.
20 days from when to reach your dealer?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess if everything go well, it will be sooner.

"Upon arrival, the vehicle must first clear U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture inspections before it is released to the Vehicle Distribution Center. Please note that these inspections have recently become more thorough resulting in longer processing times. The VDC treats every European Delivery car as a priority, but the processing time will be longer if any repairs are needed. It may take up to twenty business days from the actual docking date at the port for the car to reach the dealership."

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ihs84 said:
I guess if everything go well, it will be sooner.

"Upon arrival, the vehicle must first clear U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture inspections before it is released to the Vehicle Distribution Center. Please note that these inspections have recently become more thorough resulting in longer processing times. The VDC treats every European Delivery car as a priority, but the processing time will be longer if any repairs are needed. It may take up to twenty business days from the actual docking date at the port for the car to reach the dealership."
Well what can we do...:dunno: Where's the fast forward button when you need one...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
slubu said:
Arrives Port Hueneme on January 24, 2006 (12 days ;) ). It left Jacksonville on 1/9, in case anyone was wondering. So am I alone here? Bimmerfest must have some other folks on the Bellona as well...:hi:
Congrats, that's excellent timeframe. 5-weeks from drop-off to PH.

I don't think it's taking West Coast customs very long right now because my car made if off the ship to VPC to the dealer in 6-days.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calif65GM said:
Congrats, that's excellent timeframe. 5-weeks from drop-off to PH.

I don't think it's taking West Coast customs very long right now because my car made if off the ship to VPC to the dealer in 6-days.
Man I really hope that doesn't change...;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
M/v Bellona

slubu said:
I work in the steamship business in the LA/LB harbors. I regularly visit the Long Beach dock where MBZ' are discharged. A good friend of mine works for the stevedore company there, and he has promised me a tour of the Bellona on Tuesday, Jan 24 (in Long Beach). The vessel is calling there to discharge 1,700 MBZ.

As far as I know, the NYK vessels call Long Beach before Port Hueneme, i.e. your ED BMWs should still be on the vessel on Tuesday. I may try and snap a couple of photos of any vehicle with an ED "Z" license plate and will post them here if I can swing it.

If I have the schedule right, the BELLONA should be in PH Wednesday night/Thursday morning. By the way, I also have an acquaintance there who works for the Terminal Operator, which is a subsidiary of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

Feel free to ask any questions on how things work at the POD (Port of Discharge) and good luck to you guys who finally are getting your babies back!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DBU said:
I work in the steamship business in the LA/LB harbors. I regularly visit the Long Beach dock where MBZ' are discharged. A good friend of mine works for the stevedore company there, and he has promised me a tour of the Bellona on Tuesday, Jan 24 (in Long Beach). The vessel is calling there to discharge 1,700 MBZ.

As far as I know, the NYK vessels call Long Beach before Port Hueneme, i.e. your ED BMWs should still be on the vessel on Tuesday. I may try and snap a couple of photos of any vehicle with an ED "Z" license plate and will post them here if I can swing it.

If I have the schedule right, the BELLONA should be in PH Wednesday night/Thursday morning. By the way, I also have an acquaintance there who works for the Terminal Operator, which is a subsidiary of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

Feel free to ask any questions on how things work at the POD (Port of Discharge) and good luck to you guys who finally are getting your babies back!
:yikes: Is there any way you can find out a PH date for sure?
Anyway, take a pic of this car if you see it at long beach: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63757&d=1134745085

Argh so you are telling me however that the Bellona is behind schedule? :cry:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
slubu said:
:yikes: Is there any way you can find out a PH date for sure?
Anyway, take a pic of this car if you see it at long beach: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63757&d=1134745085

Argh so you are telling me however that the Bellona is behind schedule? :cry:
The BELLONA is discharging 1,401 BMWs in Port Hueneme on Wed Jan 25 according to my friend there. It could be tough finding your Bimmer amongst the 1400 other, but I'll try.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind PM me your dealer info. I am warming up to en ED this summer and need to find the best ED dealer here in OC.

·
Registered
162 Posts
DBU said:

If you spot a black 650 coupe with ED plate it is probably mine:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
My car is on the Bellona as well. Can't wait to see it delivered to San Mateo (Peter Pan BMW) :). Hopefully it won't take 20 more business days to reach the dealer.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow man :D :D :D

Has anyone on the Bellona heard anything from their dealer? All I received so far was the BMW ED letter with the 20 day disclaimer...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
pdx said:
If you spot a black 650 coupe with ED plate it is probably mine:D
Shouldn't be too difficult to spot a black 650 with ED plates. I doubt if there're that many out of the 1400 BMWs. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
slubu said:
Tomorrow man :D :D :D

Has anyone on the Bellona heard anything from their dealer? All I received so far was the BMW ED letter with the 20 day disclaimer...

Just a call from my dealer who told me to expect about two weeks delivery to Oregon. (that's a little better than 20 days!).

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pdx said:
Just a call from my dealer who told me to expect about two weeks delivery to Oregon. (that's a little better than 20 days!).
did he say if in fact it will be hitting the port today?

·
Registered
162 Posts
slubu said:
did he say if in fact it will be hitting the port today?
Yes, but not sure he has any better information than anyone else, and I haven't been able to track it on any of the sites provided in the sticky. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will hit port today.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pdx said:
Yes, but not sure he has any better information than anyone else, and I haven't been able to track it on any of the sites provided in the sticky. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will hit port today.
cool...let me know if you find out anything else. I still haven't heard anything at all from my dealer.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE: Bellona is now hitting the port on 1/26 instead of today. :cry: Please before the superbowl...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts