BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Yup, Clarkson is great.

I'm suprised how much he hated it though. I wonder if he even tried to re-learn for SMG. As for the convertible, well....he's right for sure. Strange that the manual coupe is one of his favorite cars (he has few), but the SMG cabrio is one of the worst cars ever. :lmao:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Scathing. I haven't heard anywhere near this level of criticism for the convertible (with or without SMG) before.

·
10,856 Posts
I have to say that from what I've read, he expected it to drive like an automatic, and was horrified when it didn't. I like him, but I think the review was unduly harsh. And I'm not even a fan of SMG. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
"... has all the precision of Bugs Bunny’s ears. "

This one goes on my list of favorite lines I've ever read in a car article. Most of the rest are in John Phillips' work in Car and Driver.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
This is one bitter guy in desperate need of getting laid. But the writing is so good and the comparisons are right on. Cameron Diaz naked and bored at the holy grail...lol!

·
fahrer
1,387 Posts
Not to threadjack, but did anyone else catch Clarkson playing
slaps with Michael Schumacher and driving Colin McRae's car on TLC's
Speed Without Limits: No Boundaries?

Good stuff...

Clarkson: "Mind playing slapsies?"
Schumacher: "Sure, we can if you want to."

&

Clarkson "Let me show you what an experienced driver can do."
McRae: "We'll see how long this lasts."

:lmao:

Best I could find was a description of the show here.
Doesn't look like it's going to be on again soon.

·
10,856 Posts
Don't suppose anyone posted a viddy of that somewhere?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.