BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
have this problem........when starting and placing auto trans into reverse the car starts to stall than revs back to around 800 to 900 rpm's three or four times or until I put the trans into neutral. When stopping for a red light I just about get stopped and the engine starts to stall than reves back to around 800 rpm's causing the car to jerk forward. I'm sure a lot of people have wondered WTF is wrong with this guy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It went to the dealer today so I guess I will find out what the problem is

·
Stuart in Houston
699 Posts
gr8330 said:
have this problem........when starting and placing auto trans into reverse the car starts to stall than revs back to around 800 to 900 rpm's three or four times or until I put the trans into neutral. When stopping for a red light I just about get stopped and the engine starts to stall than reves back to around 800 rpm's causing the car to jerk forward. I'm sure a lot of people have wondered WTF is wrong with this guy.
Wow, I have this exact same problem. I figured the idle was set wrong. But I'm no mechanic (although I sometimes play one :bigpimp: ). As you mention, in reverse it's even worse. It bucks like a horse.

In forward drive, it almost seems like as you pull to a stop, the tranny shifts to a lower gear, and the RPMs ain't adjusting properly. Hence the jerk.

I have about 500 miles, so I figured I would take it in around 1000. OTOH, it's getting worse, not better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2006 550i has a rough idle for about 20 seconds upon a cold start. Once the idle drops from 1,100 RPM to abut 700 RPM it runs very smoothly. Dealer did a CIP upgrade a month or so after I bought the car nearly 8 months ago to supposedly correct this issue, but it remains. I have had another CIP upgrade to Ver. 22.0, but it did not address this issue. In my case it is a minor thing that I have come to accept. Nothing like what you two are experiencing. I would definitely have the dealer sort it out. It could put you in a dangerous situation under the wrong set of circumstances.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having them look at a couple of other thing also....comfort access doesn't work at times, and when I try to use the night vision the screen just flickers like an old black and white tv

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Be sure to report back any findings, gr8330. Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked up the car tonight and they did a software update to fix the jerking in reverse and when coming to a stop. They also said they did a software update to fix the comfort access. They are ordering a camera and a module to fix the night vision. The car was smooth at every stop and even when I tried reverse. I tried the comfort access four times and it worked great. I will see if it stays that way. If things change I will let you know. After driving the loaner for two days, Ford Tauris, it was great to be back into a real car

·
Stuart in Houston
699 Posts
gr8330 said:
Picked up the car tonight and they did a software update to fix the jerking in reverse and when coming to a stop. They also said they did a software update to fix the comfort access. They are ordering a camera and a module to fix the night vision. The car was smooth at every stop and even when I tried reverse. I tried the comfort access four times and it worked great. I will see if it stays that way. If things change I will let you know. After driving the loaner for two days, Ford Tauris, it was great to be back into a real car
What is/was your CIP version? And your build date? I ask because my car was just built in June, and it's hard to believe they already have a software update for it. But I clearly have the same problem you did, and I would love to have your fix! :thumbup:

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,025 Posts
astrohip said:
What is/was your CIP version? And your build date? I ask because my car was just built in June, and it's hard to believe they already have a software update for it. But I clearly have the same problem you did, and I would love to have your fix! :thumbup:
Had the same problem, but CIP 21.2 completely fixed it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was told by my SA that they just came out with a fix for the problem. My build date is March 06. My comfort access is working a lot better also.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brake and traction control warnings lit up my dash, Sa said bring it in. Got it back today and the SA told me they replaced a module and did another software upgrade. My night vision camera and module haven't come in yet but he told me to try to use it as the module and software upgrade they just did might have fixed it. Night vision seems to be working BUT my comfort access has gone back to not working all the time. ???????? I have to say it's still is nice to be back in my 5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.