BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in cali last week, and passed a lady in this strange orange/red e36. i didnt have time to snap a picture, so unfortuantely i don thave one.

i know ford has a color like this beause i have seen it on an explorer before, but NEVER ok a bmw...

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
: puke:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It's not terrible on a modded car (bodykit + lights), but now imagine a bone stock E36 sedan, yellowing plastic lenses, amber corners, OEM taillights that are beginning to fade, rubber trim strips that are worn and cracking and losing its blackness, perhaps a ding here or there, fading/oxidizing paint, original suspension, stock 15" bottlecaps or basketweaves, and that show color burnt orange on it.'

I rest my case....:bigpimp:

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's not terrible on a modded car (bodykit + lights), but now imagine a bone stock E36 sedan, yellowing plastic lenses, amber corners, OEM taillights that are beginning to fade, rubber trim strips that are worn and cracking and losing its blackness, perhaps a ding here or there, fading/oxidizing paint, original suspension, stock 15" bottlecaps or basketweaves, and that show color burnt orange on it.'

ok you made your point, but if it were new with some light upgrades, it be ight!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
ugly color. in my opinion.

BMW is using one now for some of its 1 series promotion. yuck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah, yeah
thats exactly it, thanks.

and it had clear corners too.
perhaps it was some sort of special edition because im pretty sure everything pirate said would most definately happen to it, and i hope someone at bmw had the foresight to not make the color with amber corners and what not...

the one i saw was in really nice shape

·
..loves the ocean
216 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't... Byzanz? I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it. Pretty unique color..

Attachments

·
<-----Sweet Jesus!
519 Posts

Pretty much any car with those problems is gonna look like a peice of sh1t. no matter what the color:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you sure it wasn't... Byzanz? I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it. Pretty unique color..
nah, some old lady was driving it hahah

·
Registered
138 Posts
shame we cant get NEW E36's....huh
I was just thinking that last week, besides the price, the new generation 3 $eries cars just seem to be more of a big luxury car than I prefer. If they still made E36's I'd buy one in a heartbeat! But the good news is I've seen several 1 series hatchbacks in Europe and I'm thinking that one of those or a 1 series sedan may be my next Bimmer. They seem more in line with being a fun, small, sports sedan that I like to drive. BMW is advertising it as being more in the spirit of the old 2002tii (they came in bright:yikes: orange!) and I think there's a lot of truth to that. To me, THAT's the spriit of what a BMW should be! Our cars are the current best BMW's to drive and own but they won't last forever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts