BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using my Hilton points for my ED stay and I see there are 2 Hiltons - Munich Park and Munich City. Has anyone stayed at either of these two?

Thanks...SteveH

·
Registered
657 Posts
PropellerHead indicated that he stayed at a Hilton in another thread in the European Delivery section.

Have you checked availability? That may make your decision easier. I'm thinking about using hotel points when I do an ED... let me know how easy/difficult it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Hilton Munich Park

Lonely Planet recommends the Munich Park one. I think it is also on Point Stretcher over Winter.

I stayed at the Marriott (using points) since when I went, both Hiltons weren't on Point Stretcher, and the Marriott was closer. But having visited Munich, I can verify that the public transportation system is excellent - so not much more of a hassle.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jrubens said:
PropellerHead indicated that he stayed at a Hilton in another thread in the European Delivery section.

Have you checked availability? That may make your decision easier. I'm thinking about using hotel points when I do an ED... let me know how easy/difficult it is.

Thanks
I had no problem booking in the Hilton Park for March. I am Hilton Diamond, not sure if that makes a difference this far out.

They did not have point stretchers :( but I was able to get 6 free nights using the GLON VIP award (100k pts) for less than a standard 4 night award (110k pts).

SteveH

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is it easier to get around from the Park or City hotel? Which one is the easiest to drive to from the ED center and the Ring dealership?

·
Registered
94 Posts
We stayed at City. The train is in the basement of the hotel plus it is easy walking to town center. There is also a shopping "mall" across the street from the hotel, and a parking garage attached. We had no problem finding the delivery center.:thumbup:

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,598 Posts
Yep, we also stayed at City, though not for ED. The proximity to the Haufbrahaus and the Ubahn made it an easy choice. The concierge was the nicest guy I met in Germany, helping me retrieve a camera that I'd left on the train the day before we left for Frankfurt. Without his concern and obvious mastery of english, I would have lost the camera and some really nice pictures.

Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts