BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My first time posting here. I experienced a drivetrain malfunction on my 2017 BMW X1. I have had this vehicle for 2 months now and have about 3100 miles on it. This malfunction came out of the blue. I was at a traffic light...it then turned green and as I let the brake go the engine came on but then vibrated and started to shut off on me as I made my turn. It gave me the drivetrain error message and to drive moderately. I was able to park it on the shoulder of an access ramp. I tried to turn it back on and it would come on but then shut back off again.

I ended up waiting for a trow truck 1.5 hours. I am so upset about this..like I said only had this vehicle for about 2 months. This is my 3rd BMW. I had a 2012 328i and 2009 328i before that...never had any kind of issues with those prior vehicles.

Anyone here possibly know what it could be. I am still waiting on contact from my local dealership and I went ahead and contacted BMW North America and hopefully they can tell me what could of caused this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't had anything as serious. I did hear a audible "clunk" when I pulled my X1 into the garage and came to a stop (in drive). I read of two others reporting their X1 going into Limp mode with a dealer reporting a cylinder misfire. Hopefully not an ugly issue rearing its head here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate that info

Fayard,

Thanks for the response. I will keep you updated on what I hear back from BMW. My wife already doesn't want to drive this vehicle any longer with that already happening. It was so unsettling for something like that to happen while driving.

I would of expected this from an older vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The problem is a faulty fuel pump

I found out from the dealer that the vehicle has a faulty fuel pump. He said they have experienced this with their 3-series in the last few years and how my 2017 X1 model was the first it has happened to. Still not great to hear that. So they told me it would be another day or so to get the part ordered.

I will update once I get my car back. They in the meantime put me in a 2017 X3. It is nice but I like the sportyness of the X1. The X3 sits a little higher but it is still great. Matter of preference I guess.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Would you post the work order on the fuel pump replacement (or summarize it)... Before I buy, I want to make sure the X1 does not have the fuel pump integrated with the fuel tank (like the 2002-05 325 did, and was a $6,000 replacement).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2017 BMW X1 Faulty Fuel Pump

Calvol,

I have the invoice of the work they performed.

On the invoice it shows parts that were used to repair...description lists "Supply Module" and "O-Ring"

Here are the parts number for each:

16-11-7-300-463 / Supply Module
07-14-7-372-818 / O-Ring

Not sure if this will help.

I never updated but I did get my X1 back the next day and haven't had any issues with it since then...and was told again it was a faulty fuel pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts