BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you offer any insights or links about the class structure?

I want to know what class certain cars run in, what is and isn't allowed, etc.

It is hard to tell from the blurbs in Roundel :dunno:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
For some reason the rule book is no longer on their site.

Tell me what you have and what mods you have done and I might be able to give you and idea of what classification you might be in.

However, rumor has it the entire classification system might be overhauled for next year.

Bruce

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bruce said:
For some reason the rule book is no longer on their site.

Tell me what you have and what mods you have done and I might be able to give you and idea of what classification you might be in.

However, rumor has it the entire classification system might be overhauled for next year.

Bruce
I don't want to race my 328Ci (yet), but would like to know in general what class different cars are in and what is allowed. I wish they had the rule book :(

Anyway, if you can't post the whole thing...what class does a 328Ci run in? E30/E36/E46 M3s?

I would like to be good enough to race my car, maybe in 10 years when I want a new car, have become a better driver, and have a bit of cash i can do it :)

Maybe that can be a "life goal" :p

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
actually i just found the rules bookl searching the archives of an email list I am on. When somebody last updated the site it looks like they forgot to put the link back up.

http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/2002 Series/02 Rules.htm

look at the "class structure" chart to see what models fall in what class

read that and if you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them.

Bruce

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bruce said:
actually i just found the rules bookl searching the archives of an email list I am on. When somebody last updated the site it looks like they forgot to put the link back up.

http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/2002 Series/02 Rules.htm

look at the "class structure" chart to see what models fall in what class

read that and if you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them.

Bruce
Thanks a lot :thumbup:

You race your E30, I presume. I assume that you are competing at Motorsports Ranch next Friday. :dunno: My insturctor at TDE who had an E30 M3 said that I should go to the school, but I'll be out of town. I wanted to go, as I have been to a PCA club race and that was fun :)

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is someone that has posted here a handful of times with an E46 H-prepared M3.

Looks like a fast car, I haven't noticed many E46s in the Roundel summaries, they seem to be more common as Touring cars, etc. Probably because it would take a lot more to field an E46 :dunno:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

You race your E30, I presume. I assume that you are competing at Motorsports Ranch next Friday. :dunno: My insturctor at TDE who had an E30 M3 said that I should go to the school, but I'll be out of town. I wanted to go, as I have been to a PCA club race and that was fun :)
No problem.

I haven't taken it to the track since I bought it (just a month ago). I am waiting for some race seats so I can get the necessary headroom to fit in the car with a helmet.

My car has a roll bar but not a cage (need a cage to race).

I will be at the event at MSR, but I will be working T&S.

I am shotting for the Porsche Club DE at TWS in November as I really don't like being outside in this heat! :)

BTW who was your instrustor that had the E30 M3?

Bruce

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
nice, looks like us Texas 'festers can have a little TX meet at a PCA DE some time... I'll try to go to the one in Sep, and definitely the last one in Nov.

bruce: which run group do u run in?

--Andrew

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
ayn said:
nice, looks like us Texas 'festers can have a little TX meet at a PCA DE some time... I'll try to go to the one in Sep, and definitely the last one in Nov.

bruce: which run group do u run in?

--Andrew
I am shooting for the Nov LSR PCA DE at TWS.

I have run in anything from Green (one weekend) to Red (instructed a few times at TWS). I will probably ask for Blue for 2 reasons. 1. New car (to me) first time on the track. 2. My best friend will be driving my car in the Green group (his first time at the track) and we will need one session to swap seats (I will be using race seats but they won't be on sliders and we are not close in height so he will be using the OE seats).

Bruce

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bruce said:

My best friend will be driving my car in the Green group (his first time at the track) and we will need one session to swap seats (I will be using race seats but they won't be on sliders and we are not close in height so he will be using the OE seats).

Bruce
Also, aren't blue and green the farthest apart time-wise as well? Let the car cool down.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Also, aren't blue and green the farthest apart time-wise as well? Let the car cool down.
Yes and no. Yes they are far apart time wise, but the yellow and white are spaced the same. Run groups are 25 minutes. Ignoring the red group which runs at irregular times, there is usually 30 minutes between blue/green and white/yellow.

A normal PCA day is scheduled (but NEVER runs on time):
Red 8:00- 8:25
White 8:25-8:50
Green 8:50-9:15
Yellow 9:15-9:40
Blue 9:40-10:05
White 10:05-10:30
Green 10:30-10:55
Yellow 10:55-11:20
Blue 11:20-11:45
Lunch
afternoon same as moring except Red runs last

Red may get another run session in there somewhere

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.