BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Glory Glory!!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I know most of us spend a lot of time in the model forums, but I'd try it out to see where everyone is from around in the Panhandle.

Amarillo here!

· karate monkey
157 Posts
Spent my formative years in & around Lubbock. Now in San Antonio (via several year stops in New York, Houston). Don't miss the wind & dust.

· Glory Glory!!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I don't know many people that stay in Lubbock once they graduate from Tech! Not many good jobs around there.

And the weather, you're telling me you dont like going outside when the sky is brown, and you have to wear sunglasses at night just to keep the dirt out of your eyes?

Ever experience mud rain while you were there?? haha

· karate monkey
157 Posts
Yep, I don't know many people that stay in Lubbock once they graduate from Tech! Not many good jobs around there.

And the weather, you're telling me you dont like going outside when the sky is brown, and you have to wear sunglasses at night just to keep the dirt out of your eyes?

Ever experience mud rain while you were there?? haha
Now, don't go hatin' on Lubbock. It's still more-or-less home. Besides, I didn't realize Amarillo was the job capital of the Southwest, either. :D

Saw more than my share of mud rain growing up. I remember one day when it started out blue skies, storm rolled with a big wind pushing a dust cloud, then it rained (usually a few minutes of mud rain in such a case) as the temp dropped and it changed to sleet and then snow. Don't recall for certain, but it was probably 78 and sunny the next day. Only in Lubbock. :confused:

· Glory Glory!!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, don't go hatin' on Lubbock. It's still more-or-less home. Besides, I didn't realize Amarillo was the job capital of the Southwest, either. :D

Saw more than my share of mud rain growing up. I remember one day when it started out blue skies, storm rolled with a big wind pushing a dust cloud, then it rained (usually a few minutes of mud rain in such a case) as the temp dropped and it changed to sleet and then snow. Don't recall for certain, but it was probably 78 and sunny the next day. Only in Lubbock. :confused:
haha. I'm not hatin on lubbock, it has infinitely more things to do than Amarillo when it comes to being around the age of 20's.

That weather is spot on! I remember walking to class on more than one occasion with my head pointed straight to the ground so I didn't get any dirt in my mouth/eyes. Only to realize when I got into class I either had some sort of grass or gobbs of dirt just hangin out in there...:tsk:

oh the Hub...can't say too much about those Red Raiders this weekend...damn you A&M.

· karate monkey
157 Posts
DerTee30,

Curious about your user title "Dirty South Texas" vs. being from Lubbock? Grew up in the vicinity of Lubbock, and we always referred to it as "West Texas" despite El Paso's better claim to the title. But never heard of Lubbock referred to as South Texas.

· Registered
3 Posts
i just threw a profile together real quick hints this is only my 2nd post....there i changed it.
but i could have been from south texas and been going to tech that would be a logical explanation why my location said "Dirty South Texas" and still be in lubbock.....:D

· karate monkey
157 Posts
i just threw a profile together real quick hints this is only my 2nd post....there i changed it.
but i could have been from south texas and been going to tech that would be a logical explanation why my location said "Dirty South Texas" and still be in lubbock.....:D
Fair enough. I was just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.