BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
I got it, just like yours.

Dealer said it is normal, but I do not think it is. Anyway it seems to drive fine. So long as nothing falls off, I should be okay.

·
10,856 Posts
I have the clunk. *shrug*

·
3,440 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Shifting into 1st gear at a stop, slight "clunk" barely audible from the rear end. Wasn't there when I took delivery, its there now after 13000 miles...:dunno:
Yup, I have it. Wasn't there when it was new, but I also now have a lot of things that were not there when it was new. Nothing bad, it's just normal wear and tear stuff. Going on 2 years at the end of this month.

G

·
Re: Re: Anyone get this with their 3-series 5-speed?

Sean said:

Yup, I have it. Wasn't there when it was new, but I also now have a lot of things that were not there when it was new. Going on 2 years at the end of this month.
Holy shit. That's right. My former 330i was built almost 2 years ago. In another couple of weeks (June 20th), it will have it's birthday (somewhere...).

Maybe I'll run a CarFax on it to see where it ended up. Or I could always just call VOB and ask.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have it on my new 2002 325xi since day 1 -- now it is at 2,500 miles. Been to two dealers and had my dealer look at it twice. One dealer checked the drivetrain for slack and said it was normal, but this is hard to believe.

Next step is to as to see a BMWNA representative. What is most annoying is that no one can give me a good engineering explanation as to what is causing this. If I understood the reason, then it would not be so annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.