BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope not.

EOS is shutting down this weekend. Last 2 flights are today from Stansted to JFK

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Wow. I thought they had an interesting niche and a reasonable chance.

All of the upheaval in the airlines has led us to get completely refundable, no charge for changes, etc. tickets for June. But there is probably no way of guaranteeing against travel disruptions these days.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ja, the landscape is changing.

The potential of an AA-BA-Continental alliance is quite interesting now that Continental scotched plans to negotiate a merger with United.

And it's far from a sure thing that the Delta-NWA merger will go through so ...

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Ja, the landscape is changing.

The potential of an AA-BA-Continental alliance is quite interesting now that Continental scotched plans to negotiate a merger with United.

And it's far from a sure thing that the Delta-NWA merger will go through so ...
My favorite part of the DL-NWA story is the justification: "Our fleets have almost no equipment in common, so we expect gains from rationalizing which planes serve which routes. With the combined route structure, we'll have many more options and the savings can be significant" (or something like that).

But, while this is happening, what are the odds that the spares and service tools for any given type of plane will actually be at the airports served by those planes? I confidently predict one of the great logistic messes of all time.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am hard pressed to find any recent airline merger that worked.

Perhaps the absorption of Western into Delta. I don't really know how that went actually but it's not cited very often as a failure.

US Air and America West still are operating as two companies. AA got TWA in bankruptcy and there were plenty of integration issues (still some lawsuits flying around).

I can't wait to see who's next...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts