Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Maybe we can share it. If, say, 52 of us pitched it ~$4550 each, it's ours. And we'd each have it for a week a year.

Hey, that actually doesn't sound THAT stupid. A time-share exotic.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TD said:
Maybe we can share it. If, say, 52 of us pitched it ~$4550 each, it's ours. And we'd each have it for a week a year.

Maintainance is a ***** on one of those...

I have seen the blue one in action at a Club Race, incredible.

One week would be fun, but I could buy another car and have fun in it every week for a bit more...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robg said:
Do you think it would live to see the end of its first year?? :D
Not with me driving it, I don't have the skill for something like that...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:

As long as I don't get it after Alee does a number on the clutch:eek:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
My friends and I actually have a similar idea...

Budget Rent-a-car in Beverly Hills rents exotics, $500 a day you can drive a Viper GTS, Ferrari 360 Modena, or a Porsche 911 TT. We can split it 4 ways, and attend a BMWCCA school in it since I'll be running with the D group, Stuka is in C, Raffi and Sergio can split seat time in B or Raffi (or Sergio) can move up to A and we can all have seat time on the track behind some of the best exotics on the road today and wouldn't have to worry about beating up our daily drives.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The HACK said:
My friends and I actually have a similar idea...

Budget Rent-a-car in Beverly Hills rents exotics, $500 a day you can drive a Viper GTS, Ferrari 360 Modena, or a Porsche 911 TT. We can split it 4 ways, and attend a BMWCCA school in it since I'll be running with the D group, Stuka is in C, Raffi and Sergio can split seat time in B or Raffi (or Sergio) can move up to A and we can all have seat time on the track behind some of the best exotics on the road today and wouldn't have to worry about beating up our daily drives.
I don't know if it still works the same way or not, but a drummer friend of mine and I rented a P 928 back in 1981 when in LA for a video shoot. The car was only 415 for the day, but we had to put up a 4000 dollar deposit:yikes: :eek: and they went over the car with a fine tooth comb when we returned it. They also charged us an outragous amount for mileage, after our 50 free miles where over. Maybe it's different today..

But it was fun:thumbup: :)

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
DougDogs said:

I don't know if it still works the same way or not, but a drummer friend of mine and I rented a P 928 back in 1981 when in LA for a video shoot. The car was only 415 for the day, but we had to put up a 4000 dollar deposit:yikes: :eek: and they went over the car with a fine tooth comb when we returned it. They also charged us an outragous amount for mileage, after our 50 free miles where over. Maybe it's different today..

But it was fun:thumbup: :)
Probably still about the same. :cry: These guys have a 996 convert.

http://www.autoboutiquerental.com/showroom_x18.htm

Daily: $389.00
Weekend $1,049.00
Weekly $2,199.00

Lots of others - http://www.exoticcarrental.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts