Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
HOLY COW! :yikes:

The driver is one lucky SOB. That deer would've make quick work of him if it had jumped just inches to its right. Those pics make me feel even luckier that my own deer encounter didn't involve any animals jumping INTO the car; mine bounced off my bumper and ran into the woods, presumably to die.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Do you think the guy drove the deer to his local butcher and had some venison steaks, chops, jerky made up?

:bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
1. "This is exactly why I never pick up hitchhikers"

2. "I guess those deer whistles don't really work after all"

Oh, wait a minute, this isn't a caption this photo thread?

:p

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I used to live in Vermont, and people hit deer all the time up there - I nearly clocked one just outside Middlebury. Unfortunately, moose hits are just as common - and in these cases, the driver usually doesn't survive a 1000+ pound animal coming thru the windshield. I came close to hitting on late at night - jammed on the brakes at the last second because I thought there were 2 trees in the road. The 'tree's" were it legs!! The thing was so big, the body was above the headlight beam (it was foggy, so I had the lows on...) The Moose didn't even flinch - just stood there, looking down at me. Either they have to be be the dumbest animals ever, or just fearless.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Dearly departed.....

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
Dave 330i said:

You can get arrested for illegally hunting. I think in NJ you can't even pick up dead carcasses along the road.

In AZ you can keep anything you hit and a hunting license or tag for that animal is not needed. I remember a political cartoon from when they changed the law in the '82-'85 time period (used to be illegal) -- Showed some hick dressed in a hunting outfit driving around in a big old Blazer looking for something to hit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts