BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the tittle states I'm looking to try and DIY the wiper transmission for my car if it's not too difficult. I don't understand why the shops all want $300 and up to just replace the linkage arm. Is it really a three plus hour job?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what you are asking. The transmission is all drive by wire -- no linkage.

Are you asking about the gear selector switch? If so it requires air bag and steering wheel removal -- mostly labor. Here some info on that:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571209
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to the wiper linkage which has a motor attached that controls the wiper blades. I was told that my linkage was bad so I am looking for a advice on how to do this change myself or is it not an easy task.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh, ok. Looks like quite a decent bit of work. Wiper arms need special tools to separate them from the linkage and there a good number a steps to make sure everything is aligned and not binding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.