BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some older E46's a couple a days ago and I thought i saw titanium trim that had a gloss finish to it. Mine is matte finish .. just wondering if anyone has the glossy one or if it was just in the coupes or something like that.:dunno:

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Pre-02's Titanium trim was also more vulnerable to finger print corrosion .... i.e. oil from your skin would show up as a slight dark spot after a day or so .... harder to clean.

Much improved for 2002 .... that's BMW for you ... always listening to customer's issues and then taking corrective action (often subtle and unhearalded changes for the better .... ususally that is, except for the 2001 steering boost debacle which was quickly changed for 2002 again).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gloss Sand Trim?

What you saw in older E46s was probably the standard gloss plastic trim which came in cars w/o premium package wood. I have a sand interior with the gloss "sand" trim which has a metallic gold finish which could be mistaken for titanium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.