BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alee, if you are out there I hear from atyclb that you are the KING of the M68's! :thumb:

I'm going to sell a set on Ebay when my 330 gets here next week, and I need a nice picture to use in my listing. I appreciate any shots people have of either just the wheel, or the wheels on a car.

By the way, if anyone is interested I'm selling a set of 4 wheels, without tires, fresh off a new car for $1,000. I'm in the Philadelphia area (hence the name :D)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
:tsk: Al my man what don't you have pics of:dunno: You did mention something about 4700 pics didn't you:rolleyes: :yikes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ackster said:
What rims are you picking up for your car? I was curious b/c I was looking at the AC Schnitzer and Hamann rims.
SSR GT1's. I'm sticking with 17" (I live in downtown Philly - rough roads).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plaz said:
Hmmm... no offense, but I really think the 68Ms look better. :dunno:
The are somewhat similar. I have the M double spoke 24's on my 328 (replicas, actually), which are VERY similar to the 68's. I absolutely love the 24's - I think they are one of the nicest wheels BMW has ever put out. Somehow, by comparison, I find the 68's just a bit bland. I think it is because the 68's lack some of the flat, polished surfaces that give the 24's a bit of shine.

Anyhow, I think it's because I like the 24's so much that the 68's turn me off. The SSR's share the split 5-spoke concept, but strike me as having just a bit more flash (plus I like a touch of personalization on my car ). The GT1's are among the lightest wheels you can buy, and since my new car will be a cab I figure it's good to lose whatever pounds I can (they're still very strong).

As you may be able to tell, I'm somewhat obsessed with wheels, which is why I'm bothering to make what some would see as a strange choice in swapping out the 68's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.