·
Token Canadian
970 Posts
so many forums to check.......so little time :p

·
Registered
2011 X5 diesel, 371,000kms as of May 2021
875 Posts
This will become a cultish, underground alternative gothic Canadian thread that no one, not even the Moderators, will bother to read.

Happy St. Jean Baptiste y'all.

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
stewthebassman said:
Ever notice how other drivers are real pricks to you in Toronto if you're driving a BMW?
I always thought they reserved it for us BMW drivers with US plates ;)

(Though I live in the US, I spend a lot of time in Eastern Canada. :hi: )

·
Registered
875 Posts
Correct. My dealer said they'll take orders in Sept for October delivery. So I have two months to get off lease and choose a color...

Yeah, in Montreal a Bimmer is just another car...in TO it seems that people treat you differently (worse).

Maybe it was our Quebec plate in TO???

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
stewthebassman said:
Maybe it was our Quebec plate in TO???
Who knows? I can't believe there is that much BMW envy in the GTA... :rofl:

But speaking of Quebec plates, a funny story. I lived in Montreal for a little while around 1980 (not far from Dorval, er Trudeau Airport ;) ) I made a trip down to metro NY in my car with the Quebec plates to visit family. When I got to Long Island I stopped for gas. The guy comes out to get the money, and is talking to me really loudly and slowly. When I replied to him, he looked shocked. He said, "oh I saw the plates and thought you didn't speak English." I said, "Since I grew up here on Long Island, most Canadians don't think I speak English either." ;) :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
That is funny. When I lived in North Carolina it took me a while to learn their brand of English too! Even New Hamp-shuh has its own english. I lived in Hanover for 3 years from 82 'til '85.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey anyone know whats going on with MaxBimmer 's forums? Been down for a week now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just wondering...no I drive okay. While I was in Toronto I had the Automatic Rev Limiter in the passenger seat next to me the whole time, and my kids in the back!!

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
stewthebassman said:
While I was in Toronto I had the Automatic Rev Limiter in the passenger seat next to me the whole time, and my kids in the back!!
Oh you have that too? :rofl: Luckily in the 3er or the 5er, 80mph/130kph is smooth enough that they don't usually notice. My daughter will occasionally chime in from the back seat how fast I am going. :p

I don't remember ever going that fast in the GTA though - too much traffic. I have done those speeds just outside the Montreal area and still couldn't keep up with the traffic! ;) :rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts