Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bluebirds fan in USA
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like some places got hammered so I was just wondering if anyone took their X drive (or RWD if you're confident :D ) out in the snow to test it out or just have fun. I know that snow is common but not a seasonal average in one storm.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I used to drive my departed 2001 330Ci in the snow (ok, relatively “shallow” snow). It was shod with 4 Bridgestone snows on dedicated alloy and then steel wheels. Never got stuck. I used drive around those SUVs with their all season tires! But, but, but I have all wheel drive!! It’s all in the tires.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,495 Posts
We / you may be having fun, but your flatlander neighbor is out of control and will bounce off of your BMW on the way to his snow bank.

I drove a Porsche in Charleston, SC, for a while and in occasional snows. I was very cautious of being exposed to other***8217;s mistakes.

Even now, driving on Interstates, I am very leery of the other guy. Watch the snow crash videos on YT to see the likelihood of the other guy getting you.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
We / you may be having fun, but your flatlander neighbor is out of control and will bounce off of your BMW on the way to his snow bank.

I drove a Porsche in Charleston, SC, for a while and in occasional snows. I was very cautious of being exposed to other***8217;s mistakes.

Even now, driving on Interstates, I am very leery of the other guy. Watch the snow crash videos on YT to see the likelihood of the other guy getting you.

^^^THIS^^^! I live in the metro DC area, home to the most clueless drivers in the US.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,495 Posts
Thankfully it doesn't snow in Florida... The worst of the worst drivers ever....
It doesn’t have to snow in Florida / Miami for the ... ... to come out and show their driving skillz. US-41 is quite busy enough for me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Chiming in from Rochester NY. I drove my E46 for one winter (Only winter it’s ever seen) when it was my only car. I slammed 4 perelli snows on, and ripped it.

We get some big storm and I was never worried.
A few times i would go out late at night with maybe 8 inches on neighborhood roads, 10-12inches in parking lots (before plows got out) and just drive for fun.

Absolutely too much fun. Parked it for winters since because DOT dumps so much salt on the roads they are white.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
443 Posts
It’s always funny to see southern states get reported for snow. There would be 2” on the ground and schools and businesses all close.

Meanwhile up here Western NY we get storms with like 20” in 10 hours, and life keeps moving. The bossman still wants you at work on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Man last few times I drove through VA during and after snow, it was a nightmare. People there seem to think the thing to do is to waggle your steering wheel left and right and stomp on the brakes. Typically see a wreck every mile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts