BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had a horrible transaction. Bought bumpers and had them shipped to me only to have them damaged during the whole process. Shipping insurance and Greyhound is a scam lol.The damage isn't bad, but for me and those with OCD, it's enough to warrant getting rid of them.

Both bumpers are from a 530i (sorry, not M-bumpers!) in Bluewater metallic. Front is a little bent downwards right below where the kidney grills are (center top of bumper, paint is cracked), and the rear has some nicks in the back probably from license plate bolt encounters. Both are easily usable.

Currently bumpers are in Mt Vernon, WA but I can probably deliver them to Seattle if need be. Bumpers are free, but gas money or tips would be welcome since I did just lose $500 on this deal....

Thanks, let me know!

·
Registered
2003 530i 5-spd (swap)
409 Posts
Sorry to hear that. If you paid with a credit card file a claim and you should get your money back from the credit card company.

I might be interested in the bumpers. Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the words of encouragement, but Greyhound only has a max of $100 claim policy and you have to provide proof of value AND provide a damage estimate from a body shop. Just too much time and hassle for me.

I don't think I took any pics of the rear bumper since it wasn't damaged too badly. Rear bumper has a couple of marks in the back.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Don't they box them before shipping them?
Who did you buy them from?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No boxing. It was a lazy packing job... Just some bubble wrap all over both of them so it wasn't much protection. I'm not going to name names here though.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts

·
One wheel roaster
1,579 Posts
They look used if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are used. I did say they came off of a 530i. Bought from a junkyard, that had a pristine E39. I should've just bought new ones and had them painted for basically the same cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts