BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've installed it on my car. It took about a half hour to install and does involve splicing three wires into the Nav harness. You also have to install the antenna which I stuck under the rear bumper. They might change some of the wiring around for the 2003's (they did for the 2002's), but if there is any issue, Nav-TV is always right on top of it and will walk you through everything. System works great and I've had it installed for almost a year now with no issues at all. If you feel confident with doing anything related to car audio you should be fine or you can take the parts to a good car audio shop and have them install it. Or since you're from NY, you could have Nav-TV do it since they are in NYC.

·
Registered
443 Posts
With the antenna under the bumper, reception is pretty good. I live outside Philadelphia and get most of the Philly stations fine and when in NYC I get most of them fine. I originally had the antenna on the rear deck, but I am very picky about things not looking factory and out of place. To install the antenna, I basically reached under the rear bumper and just kind of stuck the antenna in. On the coupe bumper, there are a few holes along the backside of the bumper that I slid the antenna through. Its been installed for about a year that way with no problems. I don't have any pictures, but I'll see if I can take some. I ran the wiring to the antenna through a rumber grommet on the left hand side of the trunk. There is a factory antenna that is for the convertibles that goes under the rear bumper that I might try to get, but I haven't really been motivated since this has been working fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts