BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the west coast people have many more meets than we do. How about we set one up for the month of June. There are some nice roads in Englewood, NJ (9W North). I've only driven by it once, but I'm sure a few others know the roads better than me.

So, if you're interested then suggest a date and some meeting points. i.e., starting area and lunch. I hear BMWNA is not too far away. Another forum board member is trying to organize something with BMWNA in Montvale, NJ.

This is going to be a cross forum and multiple model meet. i.e., E46, E39, E53, etc.

Also, leave your email so that I can contact you.
[email protected]

·
Crotchety Old Fart
258 Posts
I'm in Bergen County. 9w North is OK, but on weekends it's crowded, especially with cyclists.

My favorite roads are about an hour north, up by West Point and Bear Mountain. A couple of years ago, a group of us from bimmer.org had a meet at Bear Mountain State Park. Fun afternoon.

There is a circuit of twisties (Route 218, I think) that begins behind West Point near the golf course just off Route 9W, runs along a cliff above the Hudson for a couple of miles of tight, slow-speed heavy twisties, then turns back to 9W near Croton-on-Hudson.

Then 9W takes you back OVER Storm King Mountain to West Point, through 3 or 4 miles of highway-speed sweepers, 4-lane divided highway, twisty and lots of elevation change. You wind up right back where you started, near the West Point Golf Course.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
RaysMD said:
It seems that the west coast people have many more meets than we do. How about we set one up for the month of June. There are some nice roads in Englewood, NJ (9W North). I've only driven by it once, but I'm sure a few others know the roads better than me.

So, if you're interested then suggest a date and some meeting points. i.e., starting area and lunch. I hear BMWNA is not too far away. Another forum board member is trying to organize something with BMWNA in Montvale, NJ.

This is going to be a cross forum and multiple model meet. i.e., E46, E39, E53, etc.

Also, leave your email so that I can contact you.
[email protected]
I'm over in Fairfield County, CT and I'm always interested in meeting others.

Unfortunately, I'm recovering from a broken leg, so my inclusion depends a lot on specifics, i.e. is lunch accessible, how long can I drive with my leg down etc.

I'll keep an eye out here and I hope I can join in.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.