BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order some Euro parts and decided to treat myself to one of the 'Z' keychains that seems to be a non-US part for some reason. US can get the 'X', '3', '5', '7' versions but no 'Z'.

They are pricey, $19.50 plus shipping but I would venture to say that this is one of, if not the only time they make it to the US. I have tried ordering them through South Motors here in the States but they never come in (eventhough I am told they can be ordered). If you want one, drop me a line. Order will be placed with my Euro Parts guy in a day or two with delivery taking 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hear that the Z keychain is no longer offered because of the pending lawsuit from Nissan regarding BMW's use of "Z-series" as an infringement upon their trademark, which they've had for longer with the "Z-cars."

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I would like you to make the stock leather ones embossed with ///M, M-Z3, Z3, Z, S54 etc. Could also use different colored leather.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron Stygar said:
I would like you to make the stock leather ones embossed with ///M, M-Z3, Z3, Z, S54 etc. Could also use different colored leather.
Jon did a few of his own design, black leather with a 'Z' similar to the Z hide in our logo. I would imagine that who ever was lucky enough to get one has a real collector's item.

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Put me down for a Z key chain. Who knows, maybe someday I will have a Z3 again or a Z4. Plus with the lawsuit pending, it might be nice to have for histerical purposes.

Embossing requires and arbor and dies. Our leather maker will emboss for us, but nothing that is trademarked. We'd have to bring that stuff in house under the table.

I made a sewn keychain once. No idea who ended up with it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I suppose I'm interested... sign me up.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Window is closed

I sent the order today.

Ordered for:
Shawn Fogg
The Roadstergal
D. Regis
JonM
Rick Kim x2.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zanary said:
Andy,

Any chance you placed an order for a extra one? If so, count me in.
Ordered 8 total. I was going to put one away along with my M Coupe watches but I guess I can order one again in a month or so with my next Euro batch. You're in.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Re: Window is closed

AndyM said:
I sent the order today.

Ordered for:
Shawn Fogg
The Roadstergal
D. Regis
JonM
Rick Kim x2.
Sweet :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
AndyM said:

Ordered 8 total. I was going to put one away along with my M Coupe watches but I guess I can order one again in a month or so with my next Euro batch. You're in.
---------------------
Thanks Andy. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update

Sorry this is taking so long. I finally got a hold of someone at Airborne Express who actually understands what exactly is going on. The keychains (along with many other parts) were shipped in a box with First Aid kits. My parts guy put first aid kits on the customs form which raised a red flag at customs. The shipment was sent to the FDA for inspection and I now need to provide a ton of medical documentation which I don't have. I have spoken with a very nice lady at the FDA and she now knows exactly what is going on (there is no medicine in the kit, just bandages and has the manufacturer information). I should know more in the next day or two and worse case, I will drive up there and get the keychains out of the box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts