BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have a pretty good sense of direction and map reading skills, as many have written before me, I found this to be a godsend on our recent ED trip Munich/Florence/Cinque Terre/Barcelona/Madrid.

· Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder if that is the one I will need for the new E90? I am doing ED in Late June.

I would also love to hear more about your trip. as I am considering a similar itinary. How long did you take to make that drive?

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will-san said:
Hmmm. I wonder if that is the one I will need for the new E90? I am doing ED in Late June.

I would also love to hear more about your trip. as I am considering a similar itinary. How long did you take to make that drive?
From what I've read the DVD is the same. They are phasing out the other version.

The trip was great although too short. We left from the Garmisch area on Sunday evening arriving Florence late. Stayed at the Montebello Splendid - a great, fairly central hotel with (in my opinion - see my '3/118/05 pick up - a little late' post re auto crime in Italy/France/Spain) all important secure parking below. Also visited a great looking hotel choice, Villa La Vedetta, right next to Piazzale Michelangelo, overlooking the city, with complementary car service into the city and 1st class faciltiies. After two days there we went on to Cinque Terre, which was beautiful although access by road is difficult other than to the northern town of Monterosso al Mare where we stayed the second of our two nights there. All the towns are accessible by foot, train and ferry along the coast so this is a good place to use as a base. Then we did a fast drive through S. France to Barcelona and stayed on the water at the foot of Las Ramblas at the modern Eurostars Grand Marina - a spectacular hotel (secure parking again). Barcelona is a really interesting city with much to see and do. I recommend the city bus tour (get a two day ticket and start early). Las Ramblas is very busy particulalry at night. Lots of great Tapas etc. We then went on to Madrid and satyed at the Grand Melia Fenix, a wonderful central hotel (excellent secure parking again). We spent all our time with old freinds and therefore did not do any sightseeing, but Madrid is a great city to visit and has great day trips to cities like Segovia, Toledo and Avila.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have specific questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.