BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· On The Road To Find Out
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this on the 01 4.4i I had and now I see it again on my 05 4.8... Right on the horizontal portion of the dash area in front of the instrument cluster there is a rectangular area that has a different texture or look to it. Almost as if there was a warning sticker or something there that was peeled away and the glue backing remained.

However it seems to be part of the dash material itself as if BMW had a purpose for this....I can't determine what this is or was...... Has anyone noticed this? :dunno:

· Registered
309 Posts
crete said:
I noticed this on the 01 4.4i I had and now I see it again on my 05 4.8... Right on the horizontal portion of the dash area in front of the instrument cluster there is a rectangular area that has a different texture or look to it. Almost as if there was a warning sticker or something there that was peeled away and the glue backing remained.

However it seems to be part of the dash material itself as if BMW had a purpose for this....I can't determine what this is or was...... Has anyone noticed this? :dunno:
Yeah, same thing on my '02 & '05. Looks like it is for a warning label.

· Registered
374 Posts
crete said:

You mean here at the red dots?

If so its the warning system.
It lights up if the car got an error.
For ex. when my trailer lights not working right, it lights up two triangles and a warnig text says - check trailer light-

Attachments

· Registered
309 Posts
Sterlingx said:
Dealer said it was "normal"
Every dealer I've ever asked about oddities on any of the BMW's I've owned, always responded with "This is Normal", which I think really means "I have no clue"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.