BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like HEIJIN is departing Munich on Mar 18, thats 19 days after from when I dropped off my car.

:(

-Anu

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
It happens and especially now as they're trying to ship less cars to the US. Probably scheduling/securing less space on ships now too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How did you find out that you are on the HEIJIN? I cant see where to enter my vin number on the NYK website? I dropped my car off on 2/20. I'm hoping they didnt put me on that same boat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well... according to my CA my car is due in port in mid april. This means that I must be on the same boat. SO- my car took 26 days to get on a boat...

Lame. My first ED redelivery took exactly a month. Times have changed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can call Harms office in US or email them and they will let you know which boat you are on. Heijin is supposed to dock at San Diego on April 8. http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ however the Harms ppl say it's scheduled for April 18.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even my car took about 20 days to get on the boat. Can't they transfer cars by planes, LOL

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Looks like HEIJIN is departing Munich on Mar 18, thats 19 days after from when I dropped off my car.

:(

-Anu
If the HEIJIN departs Munich you will not see it this year, because it will take at least that long for the canal to be dug.
:rofl:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heijin docked at San Diego port today and will depart in a few hours to Long Beach (final destination). :D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My drop off was March 30 and the car is scheduled to leave on the boat April 16.
Watch out for pirates!:rofl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Arrival time?? It all depends

Heijin reached final destination :D :D
This is not so necessarily. I bought my new 335i in Northern California and it shipped from Bremerhaven on March 13 on the Heijin. I have follwed it daily at http://aprs.fi/info/353788000. It stopped in San Diego and then on to Long Beach. It left Long Beach area and was offshore last evening at 0839 zulu and it is about 40 miles [46 NM] from off Pacific Paladades to Port Hueneme where the North California products will be offloaded. The ETA for Port Hueneme was 0600 PDT today, April 13, 2009

DME

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was at Port Hueneme on 04/10. I saw it docked and it looked like they were unloading cars using http://aprs.fi. After a few hours the vessel went back 40miles into the sea.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Do they wrap the cars in white cloth or something like that. All the cars looked white (top view), and I will be surprised if they were carrying a lot more white cars than any other color.

·
Registered
60 Posts
probably the white plastic wrap stuff to prevent damage to the paint.

looks like ur wait in almost over. congrats!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, it***8217;s now almost unbearable. It's been three days and I have no clue ***8216;where***8217; the car is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts