BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for pictures of a e46 with painted trim and have come up short. The trim in question is the trim on the front and rear bumper that is the flat black color and runs the length of the car.

I am repainting my front and rear bumper at my work this weekend and trying to imagine if it would look good...or just goofy being all one color. Any input?

Car in question is a 330i with sport package in steel grey.

·
Registered
814 Posts
This was covered a couple weeks back. Use the search.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,992 Posts

·
just like that, he's gone
2016 BMW 535 M-Sport
1,700 Posts
yep, check E46fanatics and go with the 3M stuff. If you paint the front it will chip like crazy as mine did. Since I am eventually upgrading to an M3 style painted front bumper - I am going with the 3M stuff for the rear and sides though since they are due for another update and I don't want to go thru the hassle of painting them again.

Order 32 side trim clips from Pelican or yer local dealer beforehand.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
I went back and forth on this issue. Don't do it! It is a hassle and one of the things that set's the sedan's apart from the coupes. After EXTENSIVE research I decided to leave my AW and black combo the way BMW though it should look. Oh and I don't think there is a good match for steel grey in the vinyl. Several on E46fanatics with grey couldn't make it work. I think it makes the sedan's look like Honda Accords. Take your black off, "refresh it" with duplicolor bumper paint and be happy! That's what I'm doing as soon as I get done changing the inside color of mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts