Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2018 540iX M package today. love it. But I don't love the chrome tips. I painted my 2011 750s tips and it worked great and still have the primer and paint but not sure how easy it is to remove the tips to paint them... with the M package and all the black trim, it just looks odd to have chrome tips to me...

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is a DIY on another forum, not sure if I can link to other forums, so just google "r33_RGSport g30 black exhaust tips" - you'll find it that way.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I did find that one right after I posted this, seems to be the only one. hopefully it's that easy... i'll give it a shot today.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(a) nope not it but (b) I do like those. Those fit OVER the exhaust tips that are already on the car, not a replacement. But I see your point now, should cover enough of the tip to only show black. I already knocked off the tips with a hammer and piece of wood. heading to home depot for high temp spray paint and primer, just for fun.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Black exhaust tips but Not MSport G30

I agree it's a better look - my '17 540xDrive is NOT an MSport but the black exhaust tips (esp on Sapphire Black - probably on "any" black BMW) look better (IMHO) than the Chrome/Stainless tips. That's how the car was delivered - not an added option!

(I apologize for the dirty car - the weather has been lousy here in the State of Southern NJ :cry: )

Attachments

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. Can't believe they ship a car with M package without black tips...

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got them painted, very easy but carefully reinstalling them. make sure theyr'e tight! at first they would just slip off but look inside and you'll see how the sort of clamp in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts