BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filled up the 525iT at $2.85 / gallon for Shell 91. Came to $49.50 for a fill up. Looks like I'll have my first (1) $3 / gallon fill up and (2) $50 fill up any day now.

·
call me darkcloud
42,920 Posts
LA525iT said:
Just filled up the 525iT at $2.85 / gallon for Shell 91. Came to $49.50 for a fill up. Looks like I'll have my first (1) $3 / gallon fill up and (2) $50 fill up any day now.
Ouch. Earlier today the news (fox or cnn, again I can't remember which) and they were talking about gas prices and comparing them to Europe. The piece said it would cost $300 for a fillup in The Netherlands in comparison to US prices. Once the euro taxes were taken out of the picture most places in Europe were cheaper than the US. I think that I saw a sticker for 2.76 for premium at the stations around my house this past weekend.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
As always, the people in CA will get to experience the joy first. For once, I don't mind (paid $2.51 for a gallon of premium yesterday).

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
cwsqbm said:
As always, the people in CA will get to experience the joy first. For once, I don't mind (paid $2.51 for a gallon of premium yesterday).
Hawaii will be first; Ca is usually $.20-.40/gallon behind. When it comes to fuel prices, Hawaii gets gouged. I read a report about a year ago stating that even though Hi is one of the lowest volume states, they make one of highest total profits off that state.

I talked to my dad yesterday and he's already paying over $3.00 for premium in Kona.

--SONET

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Seen, yes. Paid, no.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Still $2.40 for 93 here. Memorial Day weekend I expect to pay $3. :cry:

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
jvr530i said:
$2.89/gal for premium yesterday in the San Jose, CA area. But I don't mind, our gas is easily $0.60/gal "better" than everywhere else in the country. yeah right!
You get 93 Octane like us? :)

Yea, I knew Hawaii would be first, but they don't count as its not a place I can drive to in my car.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
cwsqbm said:
You get 93 Octane like us? :)
nope, 91 with all kinds of junk in it so we don't pollute as much.

When I was at Buttonwillow last week my buddy put 100 in his Acura CL-S, $5.49/gallon. :rofl: It seemed to help us get home alot faster than the trip down there with 91. :angel:

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
SONET said:
Hawaii will be first; Ca is usually $.20-.40/gallon behind. When it comes to fuel prices, Hawaii gets gouged. I read a report about a year ago stating that even though Hi is one of the lowest volume states, they make one of highest total profits off that state.

I talked to my dad yesterday and he's already paying over $3.00 for premium in Kona.

--SONET
The neighbor islands get shafted more than we do in Honolulu. Strangely our gas prices do not follow California since most of our oil comes from Indonesia. Filled up the SUV at Costco yesterday, forgot what it was but the stations at the bottom of our hill are about $2.72 for premium.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read an article on CNN recently that said something like "Are you ready to pay $2.30 a gallon for gas?"

And I was thinking, "Hell yeah! Where can I get it that cheap!?" Now, the article was talking about regular, but I haven't seen regular for less than $2.30 in a while. I just paid $2.79 yesterday at my local Shell for 92.

·
Registered
19,863 Posts
Here in Taiwan $.80 a Liter

Here in Taiwan it just recently went up to $.80 a Liter meaning that it is $3.20 a Gallon. I fill up twice a week at least in my VW R32.. Quite expensive :thumbdwn:

We can all Thank Bush for this and the ones that voted for him..

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
stylinexpat said:
Here in Taiwan it just recently went up to $.80 a Liter meaning that it is $3.20 a Gallon. I fill up twice a week at least in my VW R32.. Quite expensive :thumbdwn:

:hi: :p

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
stylinexpat said:

Yea, man.

That woldwide economic expansion really increases demand for oil...

Good job, Bush :rofl:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
stylinexpat said:
Actually it's George Soros and his arbitrage buddies.

A fool and his money is soon parted
The free market is absolutely ruthless when you try and fock with it. :rofl: :thumbup:

What goes up, goes down.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Jalli said:
Move to Augusta, we usually have among the cheapest gas prices in the nation... :thumbup:
I should rent a tanker, fill it up, and bring it back down to Atlanta. Anyone know if U-Haul has oil tanker trucks? :D

·
Great Driver Onizuka
3,572 Posts
stylinexpat said:
I wish I could pay that cheap. It's more like $4.30+ over here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts