BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Lexus isn't even Japanese. Try to buy a 'Lexus' in Japan. Try very hard.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
ANY show where a "bikini contest" is involved just screams RICE to me.

Oh wait, it screams EURO to me.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Raffi said:
Yo, they're charging $575 for Fontana. Can you believe that?!

·
Banned
1 Posts
ya
I was just checking out the show.. looks like its going to be really phat.. rumor is that EuroTuner will be providing a caravan from down south to come up for the show..

I think that any event that EuroTuner mag will be covering has got to be phat!

So who all is going?

G

·
EHPerformance said:
ya
I was just checking out the show.. looks like its going to be really phat.. rumor is that EuroTuner will be providing a caravan from down south to come up for the show..

I think that any event that EuroTuner mag will be covering has got to be phat!

So who all is going?
This thread just keep son getting better, er, phatter.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
TD what bugs me most is the fact that these guys want some sort of respect from everybody.

Want some respect? Ditch the "Eurasia" crap, "Connecting GenerAsian Next.' What do you expect?

Sure there is a huge "scene" for modding european cars and guess what - it's even bigger in Europe (shocker!)

A lot of it is tasteless, some of it is classy, some of it is ricey and a lot of it is downright tacky.

Do whatever you want to your car, I don't care. You might think it looks great, I might think it looks like the results of a mexican food binge followed by 1L of tequila. If I thought it looked bad, would it really be so bad?

Oh what do I know, I'm just a punk with no drivers license and a few car wrecks under his belt.

In the end I have taste :D

Flame on!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wondering why there's so much negativity towards this show?

Sounds like you guys don't like anything that has to do with Asian's the way you are wording things. Kineda(Connecting GenerAsian Next) just happens to be my homepage... can I not link that?

NorCal VW is my club. It's definately not all asian. Plenty of dubbers that enjoy being in it. Is this all about what race we are? I hope not.

Anyways.. my first question was just asking if anyone else on this board was going and it seems like I shouldn't of posted at all. Thanks for showing me how welcoming ppl are on this board. I'm glad bmw guys in california aren't as bad.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
kineda said:
Just wondering why there's so much negativity towards this show?

Sounds like you guys don't like anything that has to do with Asian's the way you are wording things.
It's the lame attempt of false word of mouth advertising. It isn't the first time you guys have tried to swing this show on this board.

Lastly, I would have to say at least if not more than 50% of this board is Asian.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
kineda said:
Sounds like you guys don't like anything that has to do with Asian's the way you are wording things. Kineda(Connecting GenerAsian Next) just happens to be my homepage... can I not link that?
How the hell do you infer we're against Asians from a few posts that deride tacky mods? I love how ANY opinions that does not suite your sense of taste immediately gets labelled 1) hater 2) racist and 3) racist.

Don't embarrase my race and do it with SOME dignity. Least you can do is:

"Kineda just happens to be my homepage, there's not that much connection with the EuroTuner show...Please show some respect.

I don't expect everyone to take in the same kind of enjoyment in modifying their car that we do, and I can see from the responses on this thread that the general concensus is against mods here. I believe everyone has their own taste and clearly, yours is different from mine. Thank you for your opinions...I will take this post elsewhere."

Instead, we get "Euro"s getting all tight and upset and try to defend themselves here. What is there to defend? You like it, we don't, end of story. I'd show "riceboys" more respect if they don't act like they're the greatest thing since slice bread...and bell bottom pants, and that EVERYONE should like their car because of the amount of tacky crap that's on it. :confused:

Off my high chair now and flame suit on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I'm just lost here. I didn't come here to start a flamefest.

Sorry that I even spoke up. :dunno:

Was just asking about a show and it sounded like everyone was attacking me for it being "eurasian".

"Want some respect? Ditch the "Eurasia" crap, "Connecting GenerAsian Next.' What do you expect? "

Did he really need to say that to me when I never said anything against him?

If that's not the case, then cool...

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Nothing directly against you kineda, or maybe I did mean something against you, I forget.

You caught me on a good day that's all. One in which that I am willing to speak my mind without a proof read.

Flame away!

Want some meat on your plate? I'm an unemployed geek living in his parents basement, crashed his BMW more than once within a six month period, lost his drivers license due to speeding tickets and other dumb shit moves towards the police. I'm not wearing pants, I am wearing shorts. Not wearing underware or a shirt, either.

Oh, and my bank account balance is $16.75 after taking out $20 at a bar last week and getting hit with a disgusting $3.75 ATM service charge. I really need to learn to take money out BEFORE I go out.

Take your best shot.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
bol said:
(snip)...Not wearing underware or a shirt, either.(snip)
God DAMN IT bol. I just lost my appetite for lunch. Thanks.

Where's that PUKE smiley when you need it?

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
man, i got to ask, do you really think someone is racist against asians, simply because they hate modded out bimmers?

i am afraid to say that my wife is from laos, i own a bimmer, and i hate ANY vehicle modded out with more square feet of mesh screen than my home. i dont like vehicles low enough to plow snow, i really hate spoilers that stand taller than your antenna does, and whats worse is a muffler that sounds like farting in a tin can.

but i love my wife, i must be a freak....

i think any and all clubs should have events, and i would go to them all if i could, but i have to tell you, I WOULD NEVER RICE OUT MY BIMMER, simply because i personally think it looks like total ass, and the second you start doing it, the cheaper the car becomes

look at the 60s and 70s, cars. half people like them tricked out and modded, half like them restored... to each his own, i just prefer original, as do most people on this board, so no offense is meant i think, but if you follow this board youll know every modded out show gets the same reaction... ESPECIALLY if lexus is somehow involved :p

p.s. i also got a 99 jetta do you guys do events and drives near eureka? =P

1 - 20 of 30 Posts