BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been proactive in ordering or trying to order a new fuel pump before it actually dies??

This wknd she took a bit longer to turn over a couple of times. Once it was cranking 6 or 7 times before starting up.

I've also noticed a drop in torque (<-but this could be my imagination).

I'm reading that the wait for a new pump is 3-4 weeks. So has anyone been able to order a new one sooner before it actually goes out?? :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a March 07 build 335i sedan and it started experiencing the "coughing" at 900 miles. I took it in to the dealer and they ran a system check and the "fuel pressure low" code came back. They ordered the new pump and told me it would be approximately two months due to the backorder issue. Ironically, the car is no longer showing any symptoms but from what I've read, the pump can fail with little or no advance warning.

Moral of this story is if your car shows any symptoms of a bad FP, take it in immediately and get on the list for a pump!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was having the same issues and took it into the dealer, they ran some tests and sent the results to the NJ center then told me they were going to order the fuel pump for me (this was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard something yet)...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a March 07 build 335i sedan and it started experiencing the "coughing" at 900 miles. I took it in to the dealer and they ran a system check and the "fuel pressure low" code came back. They ordered the new pump and told me it would be approximately two months due to the backorder issue. Ironically, the car is no longer showing any symptoms but from what I've read, the pump can fail with little or no advance warning.

Moral of this story is if your car shows any symptoms of a bad FP, take it in immediately and get on the list for a pump!
thanks for the info.

i called bmw NA today and the phone rep said they couldn't order a new pump for me until my service center diagnosed it with a bad pump as you said. so I've made an appointment to bring it in. i just hate dealing with my dealership...hopefully the service dept is better.

·
YeeeeeHaaaaaww!
145 Posts
DAMN! 859 miles and it finally happened... tremendous loss of power and then the car stuttered until i made it back to work..

the tow truck just came it it fired right up perfectly... this problem can come and go, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts